Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Device Testing

Default Re: Alternate Device Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Ditto.

I was going to replace the PAP2T with the newly arrived RT31P2, but not being able to get incoming killed that idea. Xponder1, do you now having incoming? If yes, what did you do to start getting incoming?
    I have not reconnected it. I am just going to wait till they ask us to hook them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    I have not reconnected it. I am just going to wait till they ask us to hook them up.
    I've left it connected to the Internet, with a spare phone connected to Line 2 of the new device. I'm also letting it to DHCP to my main computer - a personal RT31P2 I have reboots on a regular basis and I'm curious if this will exhibit any similar symptoms.

Edit: a 4-line phone now connected to both devices (standard issue and alternate) which are online. Please let me know if doing any of this is going to impact my ability to receive incoming on my regular ATA.
    Last edited by Russell; 07-25-2009 at 08:04 AM.
    Russell

I'm also letting it to DHCP to my main computer - a personal RT31P2 I have reboots on a regular basis and I'm curious if this will exhibit any similar symptoms.
    Is it possible to get http access to the box? Saw some lights flash - this box may be also exhibiting rebooting behavior, either spontaneous or VOIPo induced. Without access to the box it's not easy to determine.
    Russell

My RT31P2 rings both lines every few minutes - one short ring.
    Russell

My RT31P2 rings both lines every few minutes - one short ring.
    Sounds like the vm splash setting I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ptrowski View Post
    Sounds like the vm splash setting I believe.
    Seems to have gone away - next time I have voice-mail I'll see if there is a correlation.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We're running a little behind on this.

We need to make a few changes for these since they do not like something we're sending in the headers for incoming calls.

We have some new features being rolled out this week that kinda sidetracked the testing of these devices, but we'll post an update when we're ready.

Just hang on to them for now and of course experiment if you want.
    Tim,

Waitin for your instructions to switch the device.

Seems to have gone away - next time I have voice-mail I'll see if there is a correlation.
    Yes, definitely VM Splash. New voice mail and sure enough we hear the short rings on a regular basis. Can't this be configured the same way as a PAP2T? Since the device is in our bedroom you can well imagine the wife's reaction to my "hobby" :-). And, it takes an awful long time for the VM Splash to go away after I delete the voicemail - I don't think it went away even then until I lifted and placed the receiver down a couple of times (I need to try this out to confirm).
    Russell

Yes, definitely VM Splash. New voice mail and sure enough we hear the short rings on a regular basis. Can't this be configured the same way as a PAP2T? Since the device is in our bedroom you can well imagine the wife's reaction to my "hobby" :-). And, it takes an awful long time for the VM Splash to go away after I delete the voicemail - I don't think it went away even then until I lifted and placed the receiver down a couple of times (I need to try this out to confirm).
    Thing is I don't think were officially testing them yet. I am sure it will not be much longer.

I believe the rebooting on a regular basis was due to a configuration issue. Brandon tweaked something and it no longer reboots like the way it did before. VOIPo folk do remember that since this device can act as a router (and that's how I'm using it) customers can connect a computer to it and when it does it rebooting thing the computer's internet connection can potentially "freeze". That is, if this box is similar to my hacked RT31P2 I previously used where I would notice such freezing behavior, glance at my router and see it rebooting. Just something to keep in mind.
    Russell