Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Device Testing

Default Re: Alternate Device Testing

We're working on documenting what we want to test with them and will post that at the beginning of next week at the latest.

If anyone wanted to experiment in the meantime, you should be able to get incoming calls on them now after they reprovision.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thanks for the update Tim.

I would like to try it out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We're working on documenting what we want to test with them and will post that at the beginning of next week at the latest.

If anyone wanted to experiment in the meantime, you should be able to get incoming calls on them now after they reprovision.
    Yes, I can confirm that all four lines on my 4 line phone light up when I call the VOIPo number. Pretty sight! Tim, any reason not to leave both adapters on line (I've had them on line for quite some time now, but previously there was no incoming).

Fwiw, the RT31P2 now feeds the house wiring (essentially replacing the PAP2T) as far as the numerous phones in the house are concerned. The PAP2T only feeds my 4 line phone.
    Last edited by Russell; 08-05-2009 at 06:48 AM.
    Russell

RT31P2: Child from home complains that calls cannot be answered. Phone rings but when child picks up - silence. I called home and the calls went to voicemail. I'll attempt to verify this pm (and switch away from the RT31P2 if the issue is still present.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post

I have been waiting on the mentioned documentation before hooking mine up but I went ahead and hooked it up since you said that incoming calls should work after they reprovision.

I logged in mine using the directions on linksys site and it does not appear to be setup to be provisioned by VOIPo. Everything is default settings. IYE-227622 is the ticket #

After posting this I found the manual for providers and logged into
    http://192.168.15.1/Voice_adminPage.htm with no trouble at all. Nothing is configured.
    Last edited by Xponder1; 08-16-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Well after chatting with support this morning and having them remote in and determine something was screwy with the ATA because my settings I had put in to make it provision itself were not working and waiting hours for a reply I got tired of waiting and decided to try another step. I reset the ATA back to factory defaults, added the provisioning url and saved, reset by unplugging.
    All stuff I had done before except I had not reset factory defaults.

Then like magic it decided to start working. Both lines working and confirmed can make both in and outgoing calls from both lines. My best guess is somehow the config file was corrupted. Weird but it works.

I found this to be funny because usually people are trying to unlock their ATA and I was trying to relock (provision) it.

Tim in Vpanel it says "You are currently connected to: sip-byod.voipwelcome.com" with options to change it. With the PAP2 I was on central. Should I leave it or is it safe to change it?
    Last edited by Xponder1; 08-17-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Device worked great until tonight. I received a call and the device lost its sip connections. I unplugged it and it connected again. Made a test outgoing call and that was fine. Made a couple test incoming calls and both failed. The phone would ring but it was dead air on this end followed by a busy tone. Submitted a ticket (Ticket ID: RSE-677109 ) and continued trying. Managed to receive two calls and then the device lost connection again and has not reconnected.

Waiting on support to reply before I reset it again.

Leave these on sip-byod.voipwelcome.com per support (dont change it in vpanel).

This had nothing to do with my issue (at the time of this posting I am working with support to resolve). I just wanted to share since I never got a answer to the question and thought it may help someone else.
    Last edited by Xponder1; 08-18-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    Device worked great until tonight. I received a call and the device lost its sip connections. I unplugged it and it connected again. Made a test outgoing call and that was fine. Made a couple test incoming calls and both failed. The phone would ring but it was dead air on this end followed by a busy tone. Submitted a ticket (Ticket ID: RSE-677109 ) and continued trying. Managed to receive two calls and then the device lost connection again and has not reconnected.

Waiting on support to reply before I reset it again.
    See my posts #54 and 55 in this thread. After the incidents described therein, I switched away (had both ATAs on at the same time so not sure if that was an issue). Currently I only have the production PAP2T in service.
    Russell