Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Device Testing

Default Re: Alternate Device Testing

Isn't that what Vonage used to use, maybe still does? When I was with them I went through 3 of them. They would randomly just die and have to be replaced. Personally I would steer clear.

Quote Originally Posted by ptrowski View Post
    Isn't that what Vonage used to use, maybe still does? When I was with them I went through 3 of them. They would randomly just die and have to be replaced. Personally I would steer clear.
    I had one for over year with no issue ever.

Tim....

Just curious..

If we do get one for testing, will it be provisioned by VOIPo and to our main number or perhaps a virtual number that could be set up for this purpose?

If you need more testers, send one to me.

I'll be happy to test too, if I'm not too late. Fwiw, I also use my old Vonage RT31P2 router (hacked to unlock it) - however, I notice it reboots on a regular basis (could be because it't hacked). We're big users of distinctive ring - as you may know from the various tickets I've created :-).
    Last edited by Russell; 06-24-2009 at 07:56 PM.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    That's good to know, but in close to 2 years I went through three of them with just the phones and a PC connected to it.

They would just up and die one day. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by ptrowski View Post
    That's good to know, but in close to 2 years I went through three of them with just the phones and a PC connected to it.

They would just up and die one day. Very odd.
    Do you keep your stuff on backup power supplies? I have every electronic device in my house (that I can) on a UPS. Before I invested in all these UPS's I used to have to replace a component of some sort it seemed like monthly.

Besides with the UPS my cable modem, router, phone, and ATA will run for more than a hour without power.

As I am sure your aware small fluctuations in power can damage electronics. If your power goes out for a moment the power is too low. Then when it comes back on it surges as it spreads out. Either can damage electronics.

As for my old ATA after I left Vonage I sent it to someone I know who had a router fried. I called them yesterday and they are still using it today as just a router. They have had it for a long long ...long time. I used it for about a year myself.

Then again maybe they just sent me one from the "good batch"

This was about 4-5 years ago when I first ventured into VoIP. Everything I have plugs into surge protectors, not a UPS though. Everything else was ok, it was just the Vonage devices that were going kaput.

Hopefully they have improved since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    I also had mine for a few years with no issues at all. As a matter of fact I still have it laying around somewhere. Provisioned to Vonage, so its in a box somewhere.

We should be contacting some of you in a week or so about this.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook