Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Caller ID (from another phone)

Default Custom Caller ID (from another phone)

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is possible, I'm fairly sure it isn't at the moment. But I'd love to be able to set the Voipo caller id to a different number that I own. I've started using Google Voice to send calls to all my phones, get txts and be able to get my voicemail transcribed and sent to me. I won't even think of leaving Voipo because it's my primary phone and we LOVE the service and the features you continue to add. It would just be cool if I could set the outgoing caller id to by Google Voice number so that people would have it on their caller id and would be less confusing. As I said, I doubt that it's possible to do but just wondered if it might be an option in the future.

Thanks in advance!
    Rachel

Default Re: Custom Caller ID (from another phone)

Rachel,

We recently added a feature where you can do just this. Simply go into your VPanel -> Beta -> Mobile. Add your Google Voice number, then "Verify it". We will send you a call and ask you to enter in your PIN. Then after this go into VPanel -> Beta -> Caller-ID and set this new verified number as your outgoing Caller-ID.

Let me know if you need any further assistance, thanks!
    ________
    Iolite
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Hey Brandon, I noticed that the outbound ID worked fine for me when going off-network, but still displayed my VOIPo number when calling another VOIPo number the other day. Was this a bug, or was I just not patient enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Hey Brandon, I noticed that the outbound ID worked fine for me when going off-network, but still displayed my VOIPo number when calling another VOIPo number the other day. Was this a bug, or was I just not patient enough?
    Brian,

It may be -- I will be looking into this shortly, thanks for the info.

This is fantastic...I'm really excited about. Kudos to Voipo for such an innovative feature set.

Now, one quick issue. I'm having problems with the verification. Verified the first phone fine but kept getting silence when I tried to add a second phone number. Thinking it might just not allow 2 numbers I deleted both and started over with one number. Still wouldn't verify the number (when the call would come through, it would still be silence). So, I went back and tried adding the single first number which had verified once correctly. Now, the call comes through and immediately hangs up after 1-2 seconds. Tried it numerous times.

If there's something I'm doing wrong, please let me know. If it's a bug, that would be great to know as well.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by varaonaid View Post
    This is fantastic...I'm really excited about. Kudos to Voipo for such an innovative feature set.

Now, one quick issue. I'm having problems with the verification. Verified the first phone fine but kept getting silence when I tried to add a second phone number. Thinking it might just not allow 2 numbers I deleted both and started over with one number. Still wouldn't verify the number (when the call would come through, it would still be silence). So, I went back and tried adding the single first number which had verified once correctly. Now, the call comes through and immediately hangs up after 1-2 seconds. Tried it numerous times.

If there's something I'm doing wrong, please let me know. If it's a bug, that would be great to know as well.

Thanks again!
    I am having the same problem. I opened a support ticket on this.

Quote Originally Posted by varaonaid View Post

Thanks again!
    Yeah it's a beta feature so will have some bugs.

Can you try it again now?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

It's a bug.

Just tried to set mine up with my google voice number after reading this thread, but never got a verification call even though I clicked the "Please click here if you do not recieve a phone call momentarily" several times.

Support confirms:

since this is a beta feature there are still some bugs within the system. What I can do is generate a support ticket to have one of our developers further investigate your issue.

Go ahead and try it now. I think it was just being changed at the time.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I apologize Tim. Your post above mine wasn't there when I posted my response.

Didn't mean to be redundant.