Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Caller ID (from another phone)

Default Re: Custom Caller ID (from another phone)

I tried again. I get the verification call, but no prompts to enter verification number. Only crickets on the other end.

Ok, just tried again and it's working for me now. Got the return call and verified the number with no issues.

I rebooted the ATA and tried again. No luck, I get no prompts.

ETA: I tried a few more times and it eventually worked. During one of the calls while I was typing the verification code, I heard a message indicating call recording on or off.
    Last edited by txcas; 09-01-2009 at 03:29 PM.

I had an interesting issue trying to enable this with my Google Voice number.

First, I had to disable call presentation so the call would go through -- I added the calling number to my Google contacts and created a special group for automated calling systems. I changed my group settings to disable call presentation for those callers. Now I get the verification calls.

Now I have a different problem. Most of my attempts have generated a PIN containing the number 4. GV intercepts DTMF on incoming calls, particularly using 4 to begin recording the call, so the nice Voipo lady tells me the PIN is invalid. I tried several times until I got a PIN with no 4 (122182), but in that case, it seemed as if GV didn't pass any DTMF, as I just received the initial prompt every few seconds.

Looks like GV needs a way to pass-through DTMF on certain incoming calls.

Yes my PIN also started with 4 and I could heard the GV message in the background indicating that recording started or recording stopped. Another thing that I just found is that this only works on the primary line and not on the "upgraded" secondary line. The caller-ID option is not under Beta on the second line. That is where I wanted to use my GV caller ID.

Thanks Tim. Retried and had no problems with either my cell or Google Voice numbers. The calls, prompts, and verification with through flawlessly. Great service!

(PS For those with Google Voice, I currently have call presentation disabled entirely. You could always temporarily disable and then re-enable it if you didn't want to create an automated callers group as the PP did.)

For those of you who want to set your Caller-ID on the second line, you may now do so, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    For those of you who want to set your Caller-ID on the second line, you may now do so, thanks!
    You guys are too much. I don't think I've ever experienced the kind of response and service that we get from you.

Thanks....

burris

Also those ugly 4's are now gone!

Any other numbers we should be wary of with Google Voice, just for my general knowledge? I've never actually used / looked at it.

Google Voice is odd. I use it with a particular ATA, and it rings in through Sip Sorcery. I find I'm forever changing the DTMF method on the ATA because what works with GV does not work on everything else, and vice versa. In this particular case, I was able to verify GV on the second try -- perhaps because that number had no 4's.

I have a related issue I raised in a different thread. Once we verify a number, it will be listed under either the primary or secondary line. If we call VOIPo Connect from that verified number, we can control the line under which the number is listed. But we can't use that verified number to control the other line because the number automically authenticates to the line under which it is listed. If the number were not verified at all, we would be able to control either line.

My question: is there a way to turn the automatic authentication off temporarily so that we can use that phone to control the other line? Would that be difficult to implement?

I'm thinking the first prompt from VOIPo connect could say "press * to access your primary VOIPo line; press ** to access a different line." A "different" line would require that we fully authenticate with number and password. Possible?