Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Siemens Gigaset VoIP DECT cordless phone setup?

Default Re: Siemens Gigaset VoIP DECT cordless phone setup?

yep I was just about to say the same thing. VOIPo seems to work best when you set the port to 5060 for the registrar server port. You can change the proxy server port to whatever you like (at least that is fine with my set up). I also have sip.voipwelcome.com (or whatever server you are using) under the registrar sever field.

My Advanced settings are the same, I've actually set G722 as my first codec (though I know it won't really work) as well as keeping G711/G729 underneath; so I don't think you have to force the codec to make it work. Other then that everything else is the same.

Could the issue possibly be with your router? I know I had trouble getting this to work with my old Trendnet, but now that I'm using the Zyxel X550N I haven't had any issues.

Thanks for looking over my configuration - I'll have to test these changes, enable the other codecs and see what happens.

Right now I have the S675 in the router's DMZ and SPI firewall functions turned off, but once I settle on a good, working configuration, I'll take it back out of the DMZ and forward ports to it, if needed.

It might be the router, I'm using an older Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT and might not be voip friendly.

I see you have STUN enabled but no stun server specified. My gut feeling is if you need STUN (have it enabled) you should specify a STUN server. VOIPo has commented that most folks don't need one.
    Russell

Yeah I have stun server turned off as well, since I don't seem to need it with my setup.

Out of curiosity anyone know any good stun servers?

Thanks for all the help!

All the suggested changes have been done (codecs, STUN off) and everything still works.

Didn't change the proxy, not certain what the difference is on outbound proxy and the proxy settings under the "General" section.

As everything appears to be working don't want to try more than one thing at a time.

Well good luck and let us know how it goes!