Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Simul Ring Problem

Default Simul Ring Problem

When I enable Simul Ring to a cell phone, both my home phone and the cell phone ring (my home phone begins ringing first), but the audio doesn't work. As soon as the cell phone starts ringing, the calling party ceases to hear the ring back tones. When the cell phone is answered, only the cell phone gets audio. The phones stay connected but without audio to the calling phone. If my home phone is the one answered, there is no audio for either the calling party or the called party. The phone stays connected until one or the other party hangs up (i.e., SIP signaling seems to be working).

Normally, with one-way audio, I would suspect a LAN problem. However, this happens only when Simul Ring is enabled, and if the cell phone is the one picked up, the call is not even going through my network. The audio seems to be misdirected once the second phone begins ringing.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it appropriate to put in a ticket for an alpha feature?

Default Re: Simul Ring Problem

Definitely put in a ticket so they can track it. I haven't used the simulring much, so I can't speak to it happening...

I set mine up with simulring when I first installed the equipment. It's been working fine here with no issues.

Mine has always worked well, except for my stupidity in testing it when my cell phone was turned off.

I thought it was the program, but I discovered when I tested it to see if when it rang, could it be answered from the main number when the cell was off, I only tried it by calling from the cloned line to the main line and under that scenario, it worked.

Otherwise, as a number of you indicated, when the cell is off, it immediately goes to its VM before any other intervention is possible....

I noticed today that if simul ring is enabled and the ATA is unavailable for whatever reason that fail over does not work. Disable simul ring and fail over works. I have also had issues lately were neither the simul ring or failover is ringing. You either get a busy tone or voicemail.

I have been frustrated many times because of failover not working and I think simul ring might be the cause.

Also, with Simul Ring enabled and I answer on my cell phone the calling party CAN hear me, but I can NOT hear the calling party.

EDIT:
    Its the other way around. I can hear them, but they can't hear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vumes View Post
    Also, with Simul Ring enabled and I answer on my cell phone the calling party CAN hear me, but I can NOT hear the calling party.

EDIT:
    Its the other way around. I can hear them, but they can't hear me.
    That is the problem I have also. If I answer on my VOIPo phone, neither party hears anything. In both cases, the calling party hears only one or two ringback tones when the phone is ringing, then silence.

I did put in a ticket, but it's the long weekend.

Xponder and caseydoug,

What server are you guys on? I am on west01 and I suspect that is the problem...

Edit: never mind, that wasn't it. I changed my server to Central and it made no difference. Ah well. Worth a shot.
    Last edited by Vumes; 09-06-2009 at 06:05 PM.

Could I get you guys to give Simul Ring another go and let me know your findings we've made some slight changes, thank you!
    ________
    Handjob Ebony
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    I noticed today that if simul ring is enabled and the ATA is unavailable for whatever reason that fail over does not work. Disable simul ring and fail over works. I have also had issues lately were neither the simul ring or failover is ringing. You either get a busy tone or voicemail.

I have been frustrated many times because of failover not working and I think simul ring might be the cause.
    This is correct behavior -- the way failover works is as follows:

A B C
    [incoming call from pstn] -> [voipo's network] -> [voipo device on your network]

If we can not deliver the call from B to C i.e. C does not respond in any form or fashion to our "delivering" of the call, B will initiate failover, however when simul ring is in effect you have to keep in mind C also includes your PSTN locations when simul ring is in effect, so once simul ring sends an outbound call to your destination and there is a successful response, i.e. 180 ringing or something of the such this call now has a successful branch and failover will never engage after this point, because it is no longer a failure condition.

Edit: Also wanted to add that the device listing under your VPanel has no effect on failover initiating or not, all this means is that we have an active registration in our network still, and it will auto expire after 300 seconds (or 5 minutes) which happens to also be the re-registration interval (if the device does not re-register, this entry will be cleared)

Let me know if this all makes sense, thanks!
    ________
    Marijuana medical
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:47 PM.