Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VOIPo server change?

Default Re: VOIPo server change?

I just posted http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...4014#post14014 with updated info in case anyone else is wondering about west/future changes.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    No not for grandfathered BYOD users.

You can verify with a traceroute.

I'm not 100% sure but as far as the display in vPanel I believe it just looks at the connection anda matches up the hostname so if the hostname is not the exact ones we're using in provisioning, it'll how the default (Central). We update DNS for old hostnames in case anyone is using them even after we stop using them provisioning wise so if it doesn't recognize an old one it'll display incorrectly.
    Thanks for the explanation Tim.

Ken
    Enjoy life, it's not a dress rehearsal.

As a grandfathered BYOD user, I appreciate Tim in allowing me to continue to use my own ATA. The ability to tweak my dial plan as well as my DTMF settings to eliminate my talk-off issue are important to me. The recent announcement to discontinue all support for BYOD hasn't affected me personally since I've never had to open a ticket for my SPA2102. The only drawback I've had to using a non-provisioned ATA is my device lacks an option of automatic failover to another server whenever there's been a problem with the node that I'm connected to (central01). This leads me to my comments below....

A number of posts on this forum (and DSLR) related to Voipo being down and/or devices not registered have been due to node problems that users are simply unaware of at the time. A classic example is the PDU issue a few days ago that affected central01 users. The ability to rule out a node as the cause of registration failures versus an ISP or router issue would be of benefit to all BYODers and other users. For me personally, whenever I see my ATA unregistered, I'm always having to go to this forum or DSLR just to see if others are reporting the same problem. Is it Voipo? Is it my ISP? Is it my router?

I would love to see a simple network status window or tab in vPanel that shows the current working status of all nodes. This would definitely help me anytime I see registration failures.

Tim, would there be problem or objection to implementing this feature in vPanel?
    Last edited by tritch; 10-12-2009 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post
    I would love to see a simple network status window or tab in vPanel that shows the current working status of all nodes. This would definitely help me anytime I see registration failures.

Tim, would there be problem or objection to implementing this feature in vPanel?
    I suggested a simple system long ago. See last page of http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...status+on-line

Quote Originally Posted by gbh2o View Post
    I suggested a simple system long ago. See last page of http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...status+on-line
    I was unaware this had been suggested before.

BTW, I'm unable to access your link, I get the message "you do not have permission to access this page Pre-Launch Alpha Archives"

That area is the real pre-launch dialogs.
    Lots of detailed things I don't think the average owner would volunteer.
    Tim was very transparent and it was all very interesting.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post
    I was unaware this had been suggested before.

BTW, I'm unable to access your link, I get the message "you do not have permission to access this page Pre-Launch Alpha Archives"
    Sorry about that! ;-) It _was_ over two and a half years ago; I just remembered the discussion and hadn't even checked to see if it was in the alpha period. My how time flies when you're having fun with VOIPo! LONG before the massive data center geographic build outs.

I think the concept is still valid, perhaps more so these days.