Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BYOD Users: Available Nodes

Default Re: BYOD Users: Available Nodes

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsean View Post
    *bump*

I got my linksys spa922 today and I'm trying to register it with VOIPo so I can then use my asterisk box but I receive the dreadful red letter message that my phone has not been registered yet.

I will try to do a reset on the phone but for those who are familiar with Linksys phones, do you fill in the Proxy and Registration with the sip-byod.voipwelcome.com and then your telephone number and password?

thanks for any help from the bYod folks.
    You must first plug in and let register the ata that VOIPo provides.
    I Void Warranties.

What if you do not have an ATA device?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsean View Post
    What if you do not have an ATA device?
    We don't actually sell service without an ATA. I'm assuming you're a HostGator employee based on your username and activated a HostGator employee account (which is a special account type and doesn't include an ATA). In that case, you'd just contact support@voipo.com from your @hostgator.com e-mail and we'll provide the SIP credentials you need.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We don't actually sell service without an ATA. I'm assuming you're a HostGator employee based on your username and activated a HostGator employee account (which is a special account type and doesn't include an ATA). In that case, you'd just contact support@voipo.com from your @hostgator.com e-mail and we'll provide the SIP credentials you need.
    Tim,

Thank you for everything! I have been looking at a lot of VOIP companies and yours is quite amazing. One company doesn't even setup your account for 2-3 DAYS! You're the CEO and its very early in the morning and you're typing in the forums. Amazing.

I'll email your support group.

Looking in my control panel I see it says to use sip.voipwelcome.com, but the first post in this thread says:

If you are a BYOD user, you should configure your device using the information in your vPanel under the Softphone/BYOD tab.

sip-byod.voipwelcome.com (Dallas)

which should I use?

They both point to the same IP. I would use sip.voipwelcome.com since it's on the credentials page.

thanks for your help