Thread: An AWESOME feature request....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default An AWESOME feature request

Is there a way to request a change in your actual username? In any case, just wondered.

VOIPoJustin Guest

Default Re: An AWESOME feature request

Quote Originally Posted by SpuriBib73 View Post
    Is there a way to request a change in your actual username? In any case, just wondered.
    If you have an express account (where you picked your username from the start), then you certainly can -- simply submit a quick ticket to our support team at support@voipo.com. Conversely, all Residential Services have pre-set usernames that can not change.

Quote Originally Posted by SpuriBib73 View Post
    Yes just email support@voipo.com and it will submit a ticket and support should fix it withen 24 hours
    iVoIP Online
    http://www.ivoiponline.net
    877-208-2049

Quote Originally Posted by computergeek7632 View Post
    Yes just email support@voipo.com and it will submit a ticket and support should fix it withen 24 hours
    I tried that and they told me we are stuck with the phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    I tried that and they told me we are stuck with the phone number.
    There are different account types, in our residential offering -- the primary phone number on your account is your username. In our other offerings such as Express -- you can choose a custom username.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    There are different account types, in our residential offering -- the primary phone number on your account is your username. In our other offerings such as Express -- you can choose a custom username.
    I don't have the EXPRESS, I must have the LOCAL connection. Maybe that explains my problems.

Uh, what's "express."

"Express" is the local forwarding-only number. With an Express account, you can order a phone# with 300 incoming minutes for $5/mo (or $36/yr)--calls to this number are forwarded to any PSTN number or a SIP address. No outgoing minutes come with this service plan.

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    "Express" is the local forwarding-only number. With an Express account, you can order a phone# with 300 incoming minutes for $5/mo (or $36/yr)--calls to this number are forwarded to any PSTN number or a SIP address. No outgoing minutes come with this service plan.
    So it's basically a virtual number without needing voip service. Interesting option and reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    I don't have the EXPRESS, I must have the LOCAL connection. Maybe that explains my problems.

Uh, what's "express."
    Express is a forwarding service where you can purchase Toll Free Numbers, Local Numbers, or Fax Numbers individually and point them to a phone number, sip address, registration, or email (In the scenario of Fax Number). It is a pay per usage based service.