Thread: Switching phone number from Vonage to Voipo

Default Switching phone number from Vonage to Voipo

Hey guys, I have a problem here. I'm hoping someone can help me out. I just signed up for VOIPO! So far everything has been great! I got my FOC date set on December 6th. That is fine, except for my Vonage bill is due on the 5th. I don't want to have to pay these guys for a whole month when my number will be moved to VOIPO just one day later, on the sixth. Could I cancel VONAGE on the 4th and have my number still propagated to VOIPO? Vonage is such a ripoff! HELP! What should I do!

Default Re: Switching phone number from Vonage to Voipo

Not sure about the answer to your specific question but I can tell you I just had the EXACT same situation. My bill automatically paid Vonage on the 24th of November and my FOC date was the 25th. Vonage told me they do not give refunds even though I was paying for a month of service I obviously didn't have. I called back a few times and finally got an agent to process a full refund for me.
    That said, Vonage ported my number but it was still in their system after porting meaning I couldn't get any calls to my now-ported number (although I could dial out). It took me multiple calls until my number was released but now everything is working fine. I can say that after many years of being a Vonage customer they certainly took away any potential regrets I may have had about leaving them with my last experience. I finally got everything working correctly today. Let me also add that I had to make multiple calls to VOIPo customer support and ever person I spoke to was excellent! No, VOIPo doesn't have 24x7 support like Vonage does but the quality difference is like night and day!
    Good luck!

WOW! Thank you! I will be a thorn in their back side! Much appreciated!

Did you have to call Vonage and cancel after the number was ported?

Yes. I had to call them to get my number completely released from their system. Of course, then they tried to get me to stay with them at a discounted monthly rate...

Good luck!

Just FYI, if you port a number away from any voip service, you'll almost always need to call and cancel the service after porting.

This is because the voip service is a "service provider", not so much a "carrier". The porting is usually done at the carrier level, and the voip service will likely be totally unaware that the number has been ported at all.

Be sure to call and cancel, but also instruct them to remove your number from their network. Otherwise, other people using the old service may experience problems when calling your number.