Thread: Secure payments

Default Secure payments

its kinda tricky clicking through the various voipo sites looking to sign up for a service or paying a bill pages, just a suggestion that may attract more clients is securing the bill payment site with a McAfee rating or better business bureau (BBB) symbol, there are so many fly by night company's online now. im thinking about signing up for the fax service but entering credit card info has me nervous.

Default Re: Secure payments

Quote Originally Posted by reset View Post
    its kinda tricky clicking through the various voipo sites looking to sign up for a service or paying a bill pages, just a suggestion that may attract more clients is securing the bill payment site with a McAfee rating or better business bureau (BBB) symbol, there are so many fly by night company's online now. im thinking about signing up for the fax service but entering credit card info has me nervous.
    I almost started laughing, but thought better of it. I recently saw a page that belonged to thieves on which such symbols were displayed. They merely stole the symbols and displayed them. Doesn't really mean much; I certainly don't trust web symbols.

VOIPo has established a creditable reputation among forum members here, Hostgator and significantly at DSL reports in the Tech chat forum http://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip . I have a feeling that carries a lot more weight than fancy symbols with potential clients that do due diligence in their research for selecting a provider.

Better yet, trust me!

Quote Originally Posted by gbh2o View Post

Better yet, trust me!
    Or, me... They also accept PayPal if that is better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gbh2o View Post
    I almost started laughing, but thought better of it. I recently saw a page that belonged to thieves on which such symbols were displayed. They merely stole the symbols and displayed them. Doesn't really mean much; I certainly don't trust web symbols.
    I'm with you on this. I work for a bank and deal with phishing of our bank. It's funny how people will beleive anything they see. It's hard enough getting people to understand what makes a secure website.

PT Barnum was right.

thanks for the replies, i'm just trying to suggest that voipo may get more customers if the payment and signup sites where affiliated somehow
    eg: https://www.bbb.org/online/consumer/...D=105120114553

i didnt realize that clicking a fraudulent copied and pasted symbol would link to BBB as the site above

They can make it whistle Dixie at the same time they display a fake page if they want.

VOIPo is currently using an accounting/billing system developed for an earlier project that was previously proven reliable in that environment. I understand that they have a new system under 'final' development in house, but do not expect to have the comprehensive testing completed and the integrated system ready for implementation before years end... all things subject to change in the magical world of software development.

Should it be that difficult to get rid of the spammers?

It's really a nuisance.

Wondering if Captcha is being used for guests here?

Regarding security, such symbols may help even if the security savvy know the difference. Also, any awards/reviews/press releases will go a long way for those unfamiliar with VOIPo. VOIPo needs an "In The News" link.

I would be very surprised if there are no articles yet?

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!