Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

I'm pretty happy with Voipo. My biggest complaint is that the RING ALL option
    will ring only 1 external destination apart from my Voipo line. (CallVantage, my
    last provider, allowed 4 external destinations to ring simultaneously, for a total
    of 5.)

I'm sure that many users, including me, would like to have RING ALL ring the
    Voipo line and 2 external destinations simultaneously. Even better would be 3
    or 4 external destinations for the RING ALL option, but I'd settle for 2 external
    destinations.

If someone at Voipo were to bear down on this, I'd bet that it could be implemented
    in two hours flat.

Why are we restricted to just 1 external destination for RING ALL?

When might we get at least 2 external destinations for RING ALL?

--- Voipo Tim wrote:
    >> Ring All --With Ring All, your calls will ring your VOIPo line and an external
    >> destination both at the same time. Whichever call answers first will take the call.

Last edited by tyrodome; 12-17-2009 at 12:22 AM.

Default Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

Quote Originally Posted by tyrodome View Post
    I'm sure that many users, including me, would like to have RING ALL ring my
    Voipo line and 2 external destinations simultaneously. Even better would be 3
    or 4 external destinations for the RING ALL option, but I'd settle for 2 external
    destinations.

When might we get at least 2 external destinations for RING ALL?
    I definitely agree. The lack of this means I had to set up the following:

Google Voice is permanently set to simul ring my two cell phones. Also on GV is a Gizmo5 VOIP phone at home, which is also set to simul ring.

So when I go out the door, I forward (NOT simul Ring) the Voipo line to Google Voice. If I get a call, it's forwarded via GV to the two cell phones and the Gizmo phone at home.

It works OK when everything is working, but obviously there are now THREE separate points of failure - Voipo, GV and Gizmo5. Of the three, Gizmo5 is by far the least reliable - it seems to fail to ring at least 20% of the time. No way around that, though. It's the only VOIP phone that will work with GV.

I need to have a phone ring at home when forwarded, because I have a tendency to forget to unforward the phone when I return home, and sit there looking stupid while all my calls are going somewhere else .

So, if at all possible PLEASE add one more line to the simul ring total.

Gary Sanders

Thumbs up Re: Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

SimulRing needs main number PLUS THREE others to be usable.

That would allow us all to dump Google Voice.

(The support VOIPo wouldn't have to provide to users trying to implement connectivity with Google Voice {for SimulRing-type features} would make it worth VOIPo's expense for the programmer's effort.)

When one factors in VOIPo Connect and SimulRing PLUS (AT LEAST) THREE,
    VOIPo can start advertising a complete package to toss the Google Voice kluge.

Other than that, you guys are doing a fantatic job.

Yes, FANTATIC.

Thanks a ton.

Eric
    Last edited by fergessen; 01-06-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: adding motivation for SimulRing to be fixed/expanded!

Will the RING ALL option EVER ring more than 1 external destination apart from my Voipo line?

We are still stuck losing alot of calls to (our current kluge: GoogleVoice)

Please let me know, anyone?

This on our on feature request list and will be considered for future development.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook