Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calls disconnecting after a few seconds?

Default Calls disconnecting after a few seconds?

Before I open a ticket...anybody else have this happen today? This has happened several times now since earlier this morning. Outbound call completes, then disconnects after a few seconds. Weird...

Default Re: Calls disconnecting after a few seconds?

I am having trouble with inbound calls, phone rings but goes busy when answered while caller hears nothing (dead air) or this number is no longer in service message. Outbound calls also working sporadically.

I went ahead and opened a ticket, as it's still happening. Calls to my cell phone work fine, but every land-line I've called today has failed.

No problems with inbound, as far as I've seen.

All afternoon I have been having problems with my adapter reaching VOIPo. All other provider connections seem OK. I had to call in on a backup number with another provider.

Inbound calls have been giving a "disconnected" message to callers on and off.

We have had a few network spikes this afternoon that cascaded through systems and caused some delayed/failed database queries, but not much. We're still working with our datacenter to try to isolate the traffic and firewall it away.

Here is an example:

Last edited by VOIPoTim; 11-05-2009 at 06:05 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I've had this problem for weeks, and seeing it today as well. Opened up a ticket tonight: SVZ-434024... finally tired of the wife nagging about horrible phone service; she immediately uses her cell phone now

These attacks seem very similar to the ones VOIPo suffered from when they were at The Planet datacenters. I hope they can figure out the source and try and put a stop to it. Someone is out to get VOIPo for sure in my opinion.

Just had a similar problem. My home phone and cell phone (Network unavailable number) both rang. Picked up the home phone and dead air. Picked up the cell phone, talked for less than minute, and it disconnected.

Got a call again from the same person after a minute and this time it worked well.

Tim: FWIW this has been happening all day, from about 8:30am MST on.

Quote Originally Posted by bretski View Post
    Tim: FWIW this has been happening all day, from about 8:30am MST on.
    I had the identical problem. A tech support person ended up switching my accounts to access a different server system and it went away. But I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this, but things seem to have settled down now.

Peace,
    Gene
    Last edited by Gene Steinberg; 11-06-2009 at 09:44 AM.