Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrong caller id

Default Re: Wrong caller id

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    Exactly the number I saw. Did you ever call that number? I haven't.
    No never called it. The ticket I opened seems to have addressed both issue - slow calling and wrong caller-id. What is interesting is all was well before some recent change on the VOIPo side - I can only conclude that the "upstream" carrier was recently changed and that change resulted in the poor performance (long time for it to ring) and wrong caller-id. fiasmo, when did you notice this issue? And, also did it take a long time for you calls to complete?
    Russell

I noticed the wrong CID issue about 2 weeks ago. As for calls taking a while to complete, that's been a sporadic problem. I think that in some cases, the call is completing in a normal period of time but the early ringback isn't heard on the Voipo line. I say this, because my wife called me at work once (in the past few weeks), and though my desk phone rang a few times before I picked up, she said she heard no ringing before my voice... I didn't feel it worth bothering support over, so I didn't submit a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    I noticed the wrong CID issue about 2 weeks ago. As for calls taking a while to complete, that's been a sporadic problem. I think that in some cases, the call is completing in a normal period of time but the early ringback isn't heard on the Voipo line. I say this, because my wife called me at work once (in the past few weeks), and though my desk phone rang a few times before I picked up, she said she heard no ringing before my voice... I didn't feel it worth bothering support over, so I didn't submit a ticket.
    Nice to hear that. By which I mean that I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing the issue. I'm assuming that it deals with these mysterious upstream carriers: should I conclude that VOIPo changed the one that affects us about a couple of weeks ago to one with lower "quality"? Some explanation of what fiasmo and I experienced would be most welcome.
    Russell