Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrong caller id

Default Wrong caller id

Call from home VOIPO phone. Wrong caller-id showing up on my display at work.
    In the morning when there were issues, I was attempting to make test calls and out of the 4 test calls, one had the (same) wrong caller-id.
    Russell

Default Re: Wrong caller id

This has happened for me few times before. I ended up creating a ticket and they notify the upstream carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by sr98user View Post
    This has happened for me few times before. I ended up creating a ticket and they notify the upstream carrier.
    Just tried two test calls to work. First call showed the same consistent wrong number. Second call came as Unknown. A co-worker of mine has VOIPo and when he calls his number at work (we all have individual lines) he sees the exact same number for caller id (same consistent wrong number) that I do.
    Russell

VOIPo said they are passing the correct caller id info. But somehow the carrier connecting the long distance call is not sending the info correctly. For me, the behavior was not seen for all calls. Just some calls.

This (wrong caller-id) seems to have started relatively recently.
    Russell

In my case, all calls were local, and the wrongly-passed CID number was local, but a different rate center than mine or the number I was calling. (e.g. a Raleigh number was shown, but my voipo number is in Apex, I was calling Durham)...

Edit to add: Haven't seen the problem in several days.

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    In my case, all calls were local, and the wrongly-passed CID number was local, but a different rate center than mine or the number I was calling. (e.g. a Raleigh number was shown, but my voipo number is in Apex, I was calling Durham)...

Edit to add: Haven't seen the problem in several days.
    Mine are all in the RDU area too. Just tried calling work and it showed up as Unknown.
    Russell

Are the first 6 digits of the number 919-424? If so, send me a PM with the rest of the number, if you'd like to know if it's the same number. (Not sure if that will help with the troubleshooting on Voipo's end.)

424-6412 is what I and my co-worker see.
    Russell

Exactly the number I saw. Did you ever call that number? I haven't.