Thread: Comparing VOIPo to VoicePulse

Default Comparing VOIPo to VoicePulse

A good checklist comparison to VoicePulse might be worth while?
    Items in RED I am certain are missing (Including * Codes.)
    I do not know the difference between "Phone Shortcuts", and "Speed Dial".
    Price will likely be a big difference. $24.99/month and excludes Canada still.

Basic Features (all included free)
    VoicePulse service already includes every feature you're used to paying for:

* CallerID with Name
    * Call Waiting with CallerID
    * Call Transfer
    * Return Call *69
    * 3-way Calling

Advanced Features (all included free)
    VoicePulse service also includes features you won't find on your traditional phone:

* Enhanced Voicemail
    * Online Account Center
    * Phone Shortcuts

Ringing & Dialing
    * 7-Digit Dialing
    * Contact Lists
    * Distinctive Ring
    * Speed Dial

Privacy & Blocking:
    * Anonymous Call Block
    * CallerID Block
    * Directory Assistance Block
    * Do Not Disturb
    * Filters
    * International Call Block
    * Telemarketer Block

Forwarding
    * Call Forward
    * Line Unavailable Forward
    * Filters
    * Call Hunt / Find Me
    * Multi-Ring

Other
    * Bandwidth Saver

Service Upgrades
    Upgrade your account to take advantage of these features:

* Virtual Numbers
    * Additional Lines
    * Conference Rooms
    * Open Access (Softphone)
    Last edited by usa2k; 07-05-2008 at 12:27 PM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Default Re: Comparing VOIPo to VoicePulse

My biggest complaint about that (shared by many VOIP providers): no outbound CNAM.

Quote Originally Posted by dswartz View Post
    My biggest complaint about that (shared by many VOIP providers): no outbound CNAM.
    The odd thing is I thought outbound registering is free, when using a LIDB service for inbound?

I still wonder why "CVS/PHARMACY" comes up, but I am "LIVONIA MI"?

But www.cnam.infotryit?did=734xxxxxxx will ID my CELL number and VOIPo number correctly?
    That leaves me to beleive I have outgoing CNAM from my LNP to Sprint, and my LNP to VOIPo,
    but VOIPo does not get my cell number. (I've since added my cell number back to the phone book.)

I see outgoing CNAM is not listed by the VoicePulse feature set.

EDIT: I see posts like this about CNAM outbound all the time
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r207...ime=1215314630
    Last edited by usa2k; 07-06-2008 at 03:09 AM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

The only disagreement I have with your post is the "line unavailable forwarding" feature. That's the same thing as VOIPo's failover to PSTN number.

One other thing you're missing about VoicePulse is the Local unlimited + 200 Long Distance plan for $15.99 (or is it $14.99?) Many people use their phones for local calling most, so I'd think this plan to be very attractive to many customers. Also, their "local calling areas" are often either an entire state, or at least an entire area code (or all area codes within an overlay region).

I would think that the profit margin on this type of account would be lower than the US unlimited, provided the account holder doesn't run up a significant LD bill (e.g. exceed the 200 minute bucket).

Tim-- Out of curiosity, when will we see outbound CNAM on our numbers? (Also, what text will you enter into the LIDB for our accounts?)

Coming from VoicePulse, this is a very helpful thread. However, I agree that VP's line unavailable forwarding feature is in effect the same as the failover number on VOIPo.

Perhaps this could be updated as new features are added to VOIPo in the future.

Having VoicePulse as our main family line, it has been great.

One main thing that I wish VoipO had was simultaneous ring or sometimes called find me/follow me. I like simultaneous ring better. It rings all numbers at once instead of hunting to find me. Lingo and SunRocket worked like this. Ringing up to 5 numbers at once would be nice too.

Both VP and VoipO are similar in uptime and reliability even tho VoipO is beta.

TJ

Similarly, I like ATTCV's Locate Me feature. One can program in 5 numbers, set whether they ring simultaneously or in sequence, and set whether or not you have to press 1 to answer the call (prevents incoming calls from cell dumping into that phone's VM when the feature is active).

Even if the feature is limited to simultaneous ring (no sequence/hunt), I suspect many would appreciate it.

Edit: Note, though, that NO new feature should come at the expense of reliability. I'm not angling to have this a feature at time of launch, but would like to see it high on your post-launch priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    Similarly, I like ATTCV's Locate Me feature. One can program in 5 numbers, set whether they ring simultaneously or in sequence, and set whether or not you have to press 1 to answer the call (prevents incoming calls from cell dumping into that phone's VM when the feature is active).

Even if the feature is limited to simultaneous ring (no sequence/hunt), I suspect many would appreciate it.

Edit: Note, though, that NO new feature should come at the expense of reliability. I'm not angling to have this a feature at time of launch, but would like to see it high on your post-launch priority list.
    Yes, I also agree that Find Me / Follow Me is a significant feature, and I hope the powers-that-be will make it happen soon.

Peace,
    Gene

"Call Transfer" would be a nice feature to add ;-)

I use it all the time on my VoicePulse account. It's pretty nifty to be on the phone and transfer the call to another phone, and take the call at the other phone. OR, to simply transfer a call to another line for someone else to answer.

Case in point, have a line used for business purposes, and people call it. If I answer the call and the caller really wants to speak with someone else (my wife), I can transfer the call to her cell phone and the caller doesn't get her cell phone number.

Neato indeed to have with Voipo!!