Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rollover to line 2 if line 1 busy?

Default Re: Rollover to line 2 if line 1 busy?

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    Maybe I don't understand, but with the cloned line....when we are on a call on either line and another call comes in, not only will the CID show up, but the other line will ring...allowing the call to be answered.
    This is normal functioning for me without any additional settings.
    What I think people are looking for other than the way it is, which is what I would like also, is when a call comes in the line you are on does nothing. You wouldn't know that a call was coming in, other than the other line ringing. (That call waiting tone is horrendous and interrupts my call.) Then when the second/Cloned line rings, it's as if it were a totally separate line and an unassociated call. I'm wondering if I can turn off Call Waiting, it might cause this to happen that way?

UPDATE:
    In the VPanel, there is an area under Beta > Misc = FXS Port Control where the option looks to enable what we are asking for. I have shut off Call Waiting for both lines with Busy forward to VoiceMail default. If this does what it implies the outcome should be exactly what, at least what I am looking for.
    Last edited by FarmerBob; 02-22-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerBob View Post
    (That call waiting tone is horrendous and interrupts my call.)
    Which adapter is this with? What version of firmware is running on the adapter?
    Russell

In the VPanel, there is an area under Beta > Misc = FXS Port Control where the option looks to enable what we are asking for. I have shut off Call Waiting for both lines with Busy forward to VoiceMail default. If this does what it implies the outcome should be exactly what, at least what I am looking for.
    I suspect this will work only if you have a cloned line, not an add-on line. In order for it to work with an add-on line, there would have to be a choice under "Busy Preferences" to forward to the add-on line (or to any number). I would love to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Which adapter is this with? What version of firmware is running on the adapter?
    The Linksys PAP2T with 5.1.6(LS).

I'm wondering if I can turn off Call Waiting, it might cause this to happen that way?

UPDATE:
    If this doesn't work, just log into your ATA with the "user" credentials and then go to tab "User 1" or "User 2" as needed and turn off the CW setting as highlighted in the attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post
    If this doesn't work, just log into your ATA with the "user" credentials and then go to tab "User 1" or "User 2" as needed and turn off the CW setting as highlighted in the attachment.
    After being asked what Firmware version I was running I went in to find it and while in there did some looking around and saw that these settings were changed to off when I made the change in the VPanel. So it did trickle over. At least it did for me. I was going to test it tonight, but have not had the time.