Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for 2 lines

Default Re: Question for 2 lines

Quote Originally Posted by caseydoug View Post
    Fisamo, once you upgrade your cloned line to a second line, it was my understanding that you CANNOT use your primary line voice mailbox with the second line. Am I wrong?
    You are 100% correct, thus my wish in my sig.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

I'm not sure if it is rule but if you are porting out they will drag it into the next billing period regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    Sorry to hear about your job situation, and best wishes at finding a new one soon. If you're not in an emergency rush to switch services, then by all means--take your time!

Does Vonage still require you to give them 10-days notice (before the next billing cycle) to cancel? As I recall, they did 5 years ago, not sure if that's changed.

@caseydoug:
    The second line does appear to allow you to allow/block int'l calls, but I haven't tried making any yet. Perhaps a Voipo insider can chime in and indicate if Line 2 calls are billed against the 60 free minutes, etc.

As for voicemail, I apologize--you are right on that one. Once you upgrade the VN to its own separate line, you get two separate voicemail accounts, whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    I would imagine that the cloned line is just that...it has no individual identity and when I look at my call logs, I see that all calls, no matter if they come in or go out, show up in one place on the one account.
    That's true of the cloned line, but not of a cloned line that has been converted to a second line. The second line is truly independent, with almost all the features of the primary line. Best of all, it's free!

Default Question for 2 lines

What happens if I inadvertently exceed my bandwidth quota? Will my service be shutoff when the last "paid" packet leaves the wire, or will I get a "surprise" bill for a gazillion dollars at the end of the month?

Thanks

As a user of VOIPo I understand, you may be flagged and evaluated to ensure you are not violating the TOS by running heavy business usage or reselling the product. If it just out of the ordinary rather than every month, or you have 4 teenagers, or, ... ... ... they may just do nothing.

3000 inbound plus outbound combined, is not typical of a Residential Service.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!