Thread: Fios (Actiontec) & Voipo

Default Fios (Actiontec) & Voipo

While waiting for my PAP2 to arrive via SLOW USPS is there anything special that is suggested to do to setup my incoming PAP2 ATA on my Fios service? Currently using Vonage and it was basically P&P.

I also will need to setup my ATA with a static IP. Is it the usual method or is it locked down in any way?

Default Re: Fios (Actiontec) & Voipo

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    While waiting for my PAP2 to arrive via SLOW USPS is there anything special that is suggested to do to setup my incoming PAP2 ATA on my Fios service? Currently using Vonage and it was basically P&P.

I also will need to setup my ATA with a static IP. Is it the usual method or is it locked down in any way?
    I have my PAP2T directly behind my Actiontec with no special configuration, other than assigning it a static IP address under the Actiontec's advanced menu.

I even have a WRT54G (running Tomato) behind the Actiontec (on another static IP address), listed in the Actiontec's DMZ option.

Quote Originally Posted by bwarden View Post
    I have my PAP2T directly behind my Actiontec with no special configuration, other than assigning it a static IP address under the Actiontec's advanced menu.

I even have a WRT54G (running Tomato) behind the Actiontec (on another static IP address), listed in the Actiontec's DMZ option.
    How do you assign a device a static IP FROM the Actiontec router? Never heard of doing that. I've always thought you need to log into the ATA (or device) and assign the static IP from it's own menu. That's what I've been doing all these years.

Edit: Ahh, I see. You are basically assigning a static IP from the DHCP pool to the device by it's MAC. That's not exactly the same thing. I have no DHCP set on my router. Everything on my network is static and has it's own "hard" I/P.
    Last edited by MisterEd; 12-03-2009 at 06:41 PM.

I have the FIOS Actiontec as well as the Pap2T and I did nothing. Plug it in and play with it. I haven't noticed any issues at all with it.