Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question / Clarification on billing start

Default Re: Question / Clarification on billing start

When BroadvoxDirect.com had Residential offerings, they would start the billing date based on the first minutes used. Either Call Forwarding, Received Call, or Placed Call. Still, when comparing VoIP providers, they seem to have been the one exception to the vast majority, and no longer offer Residential service.

When an account is created, there is the monthly expense of the reserved DID, and the activation of E911. They provide an initial money-back guarantee that eats that expense plus minutes used.

Vonage used to limit you to 200 minutes usage (I don't see it anymore in their TOS now) and if longer than 30 days, they charge an extra $39.95 termination fee, that is waived with return of the device, or if you owned it for 2 years or more.

In comparison, VOIPo is very generous in what they honor.
    (Can't seem to find a link to the terms of 30 day guarantee ...)

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

The Vonage term fee is/was never waived after 30 days unless you threatened to sue them. They also charge you $79.95 for their "free" device (they call it a rebate recovery fee) AND $39.95 term fee if you cancel before 1 year (or 2 years depending on when you initially signed up). Their biggest gimmick now is when you call to (threaten to) cancel they give you service for 1/2 price ($12.50/mo) for a year. I just had $240+ dollars in fees reversed by Amex that they charged me when I canceled my 2 lines with them. I could write a book.

When I used PhonePower, my service didn't start until my port date,
    if they could do it I'm sure Voipo can also.

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    In comparison, VOIPo is very generous in what they honor.
    (Can't seem to find a link to the terms of 30 day guarantee ...)
    There is a page about the 30 day guarantee in the
    VOIPo Knowledgebase:
    http://www.voipo.com/voipaffiliate/i...id=2747&url=84

Quote Originally Posted by parkroad22 View Post
    When I used PhonePower, my service didn't start until my port date,
    if they could do it I'm sure Voipo can also.
    I received my ATA just a few days after signing up. I then used the service with the virtual number I was given for nearly 2 weeks before I even started the porting process. Taking full advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee I wanted to make sure that VOIP was for me before killing my landline. I used the VOIPo service quite a bit for nearly a month by the time my port date arrived. Does PhonePower give you a virtual number to use while you are porting like VOIPo? I suppose VOIPo owes me for the few days it took for my ATA to be delivered, that works out to about 75 cents. That is a small extra fee for an incredible service that is saving me a ton of money.

I signed up last night. The email I received claimed that I would received my logon info in less than an hour. My credit card has been charged but I have NOT received any access information. I do not have immediate access to my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Cminerich View Post
    I signed up last night. The email I received claimed that I would received my logon info in less than an hour. My credit card has been charged but I have NOT received any access information. I do not have immediate access to my account.
    Just contact support@voipo.com from the e-mail you ordered with and they'll get you squared away. Keep in mind that if you ordered a residential/full service account, you won't be able to use your own device (BYOD) until you receive our device and connect it the first time. This is a security measure that helps us verify your billing address.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook