My father just signed up for Voipo home service and told me the following story.

He said when he signed up for service, he received the home phone adapter (ATA) about 5 days later, and started using the service at that time.

However, when he received his first bill, he saw that Voipo started billing him based on order date, not the date he received the adapter and started using it. (technically, his "installation" date)

He tried emailing customer service to get a credit for those days, but they would not do so. (They said that he could have used a softphone with his Voipo account for those few days, so the account was valid and active)

Now, I realize it's only a few bucks we're talking about, but it doesn't seem quite right that a service that is being marketed as a home phone replacement should start billing when ordered as opposed to when it is really first usable.

Can anyone clarify - is this really the official policy? I read over the terms of service posted on the website and it does not explicitly address this. If this is indeed the official policy, I would suggest that there is clear notification of this during the signup process.