Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ongoing Critical VoIPo Issues

Default Ongoing Critical VoIPo Issues

It would be nice to see a comprehensive and thoughtful response from VoIPo on this, but we will see if it just gets deleted.

I highly recommend that you DO NOT choose VoIPo as a reseller provider or to use any service you want supported for the following reasons:

• It doesn't work: Since January we have repeatedly had issues with our service going completely down almost reliably.
    • They will not support the product because there is no phone support for these issues you must submit a ticket - to which they respond with the following explanations:
    • -it's an upstream issue we corrected (that doesn't absolve you of supporting your customers)
    • -it was a database corruption issue (someone isn't handling the software side well)
    • -or there's no issue at all try it now (it magically fixed itself and nobody is buying it)

They will deny these issues steadfastly almost to the point where it's humorous. I'm not laughing though because these outages have real world impact on the customers we service. We spend over $3,000 dollars a month with them and this is the service we receive.

Default Ongoing Critical VoIPo Issues

It would be nice to see a comprehensive and thoughtful response from VoIPo on this, but we will see if it just gets deleted.

I highly recommend that you DO NOT choose VoIPo as a reseller provider or to use any service you want supported for the following reasons:

• It doesn't work: Since January we have repeatedly had issues with our service going completely down almost reliably.
    • They will not support the product because there is no phone support for these issues you must submit a ticket - to which they respond with the following explanations:
    • -it's an upstream issue we corrected (that doesn't absolve you of supporting your customers)
    • -it was a database corruption issue (someone isn't handling the software side well)
    • -or there's no issue at all try it now (it magically fixed itself and nobody is buying it)

They will deny these issues steadfastly almost to the point where it's humorous. I'm not laughing though because these outages have real world impact on the customers we service. We spend over $3,000 dollars a month with them and this is the service we receive.

Default Re: Ongoing Critical VoIPo Issues

Just curious, how many customers do you have and how long have you been with VOIPo? I noticed your forum join date was this month.

I have been with VOIPo since 01/2009 and aside for a couple issues early on, I am very pleased with the service. I convinced a co-worker of mine to go with VOIPo a few months ago and I asked him how his service was and he said he has had no problems. He said he just plugged it in according to the directions and it's worked ever since. He has no complaints and never had to contact customer support. So just saying . . .

Just curious, how many customers do you have and how long have you been with VOIPo? I noticed your forum join date was this month.

I have been with VOIPo since 01/2009 and aside for a couple issues early on, I am very pleased with the service. I convinced a co-worker of mine to go with VOIPo a few months ago and I asked him how his service was and he said he has had no problems. He said he just plugged it in according to the directions and it's worked ever since. He has no complaints and never had to contact customer support. So just saying . . .

And I've been with VOIPo since before the beginning...around 2008 and am quite familiar with VOIP. I haven't had a land line for about 8 years.
    I tried a number of other VOIP providers and struck out with all of them.

For me, VOIPo has offered solid quality service. For the few times a glitch occurred, a simple email or phone call took care of it right away.
    As a matter of fact, much quicker than when I had a land line with BellSouth/ATT....where it was not only impossible to connect to them, but where responses were almost non-existant..

Quote Originally Posted by vusername1 View Post

To the OP: As I've said via e-mail, I don't think our service is for you. It seems that there are underlying issues between your setups and our network which cause you to have chronic issues. That does not mean the issues are on our end.

During most of the times you have reported outages, we've had no issues with thousands of calls in progress at the same time. As I said there are many variables involved and the fact that you have chronic issues means there is some sort of underlying issue between you and our service.

Less than 1% of our customers have ever even had to contact support and the service works very well for 99% of customers. Unfortunately you fall into the 1% with issues so we recommend finding another provider for you.

We have already discussed this via e-mail so I am closing this thread. Again, we encourage you to find a provider that might work better with your system and be able to provide the retail level of support you are seeking.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by voipinit View Post

I'm glad to hear that you and your referral are having great service experiences like the vast majority of our customers.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    And I've been with VOIPo since before the beginning...around 2008 and am quite familiar with VOIP. I haven't had a land line for about 8 years.
    I tried a number of other VOIP providers and struck out with all of them.

For me, VOIPo has offered solid quality service. For the few times a glitch occurred, a simple email or phone call took care of it right away.
    As a matter of fact, much quicker than when I had a land line with BellSouth/ATT....where it was not only impossible to connect to them, but where responses were almost non-existant..
    Thank for your continued business as well burris. I'm glad to hear that you're also continuing to get great service like the majority of our customers.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 07-05-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thumbs down Re: Horrible service STAY AWAY FROM VOIPO

It would be nice to see a comprehensive and thoughtful response from VoIPo on this, but so far they have not been any help.

• It doesn't work: since January we have repeatedly had issues with our service going completely down almost reliably.
    o The situation has detioriated starting in January and has only gotten worse
    o It's an upstream issue we corrected (that doesn't absolve you of supporting your customers)
    o It was a database corruption issue (someone isn't handling the software side well)
    o There's no issue at all try it now (it magically fixed itself and nobody is buying that)
    • Haphazard communication on porting: they offer no level of support on when and if a port happens..it just happens. This does not work well for a business or anybody that wants to have some level of certainty on when their port will happen. This is possible with carriers such as Level3 and others that offer e-bonded port triggering.

They do not respond with a good resolution, and the problems continue on with no regard or sympathy for the customer. We occasionally got some accidental honest responses that equated to them having database corruption issues. I would certainly never try to rely on them for “always on” service. If you want a VoIP service that mostly works -- go for it. But, I wouldn’t count on you agreeing with their tagline for very long “the likeable phone company.” I have not received any refunds for down-time nor ever been offered any. It has been the worst experience I’ve ever had with a company that sales a service they aren’t even willing to fully support. As a customer we paid over $3,000 a month for an account with VoIPo.

Default Re: Reseller SCAM

It would be nice to see a comprehensive and thoughtful response from VoIPo on this, but so far they have not been any help.

• It doesn't work: since January we have repeatedly had issues with our service going completely down almost reliably.
    o The situation has detioriated starting in January and has only gotten worse
    o It's an upstream issue we corrected (that doesn't absolve you of supporting your customers)
    o It was a database corruption issue (someone isn't handling the software side well)
    o There's no issue at all try it now (it magically fixed itself and nobody is buying that)
    • Haphazard communication on porting: they offer no level of support on when and if a port happens..it just happens. This does not work well for a business or anybody that wants to have some level of certainty on when their port will happen. This is possible with carriers such as Level3 and others that offer e-bonded port triggering.

They do not respond with a good resolution, and the problems continue on with no regard or sympathy for the customer. We occasionally got some accidental honest responses that equated to them having database corruption issues. I would certainly never try to rely on them for “always on” service. If you want a VoIP service that mostly works -- go for it. But, I wouldn’t count on you agreeing with their tagline for very long “the likeable phone company.” I have not received any refunds for down-time nor ever been offered any. It has been the worst experience I’ve ever had with a company that sales a service they aren’t even willing to fully support. As a customer we paid over $3,000 a month for an account with VoIPo.

Thumbs down Ongoing VoIPo Issues 2 (First one locked)

Since the first one was locked here's another.

o The situation has deteriorated starting in January and has only gotten worse

Fyi - I have email responses admitting to the issues directly. The moment I started posting reviews the only claim is that it doesn't work well with our service. I challenge any voipo to provide evidence that over 90% of our issues have not been a direct result of an issue on the VoIPo side.