In SIP:
    In On Network:
    In PSTN - Domestic:
    Out SIP:
    Out PSTN - Domestic:
    Out PSTN - International:
    Out On Network:

Because all the minutes used are accounted for,
    the free SIP calls could theoretically allow a reseller to charge for the time used.

VOIPo I expect will charge USF fees as a percentage of the cost VOIPo charges the Reseller.
    Does that mean the Reseller needs to pay any USF on their mark-up?

Wondering what internalized fees VOIPo addresses and if the Reseller needs to consider additional USF and taxes?
    Yes, we collect USF on all usage based items. USF does not apply to the reseller account fee and phone number fees since those are not actually calling traffic.

USF does apply to and is automatically charged for minute usage.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: What about TA equipment

As a reseller, what are the "taxing" requirements we must consider?

I assume they are somewhat different by state... As a consultant located in Texas, I am used to charging 'basic' taxes for clients within the state - of course, the calculations can quickly become convoluted, as the appropriate rate depends upon the clients address and the city/county they are in - and any out-of-state sales are considered tax exempt.

I am to understand USF is somewhat different, and communications services tend to carry [significantly?] more taxing requirements than other services. Is there a condensed yet comprehensive guide to what taxes/fees resellers are required to collect and submit?

Thanks!