Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: PAP2T vs RT31P2

Default Re: PAP2T vs RT31P2

Quote Originally Posted by ctaranto View Post
    Under voip123's recommendation, I statically set the WAN side of the RT to 172.20.0.118, so I forwarded that IP in the WRT.

I still don't have Phone 1 lit up. I filed a support ticket last night about this but haven't heard back. Maybe support doesn't work on the weekends?

Thanks again...

-Craig
    To be honest, I've don't remember all the details and what you've tried from your postings in this long thread.

If get your RT to obtain an IP address automatically and directly attach it to the cable modem does Line 1 light up? If yes, I'd say the problem is at your end; if no, it's possibly not at your end.
    Russell

Can you please clarify something. You have a working XP computer that can get on the internet, right? WHAT IP ADDRESS is that COMPUTER getting from your WRT? Forget the Voipo device for the moment. You keep saying 172. Most Linksys WRT routers DHCP scope is in the 192.168 range. Just look at your internet functioning XP COMPUTER not your router.

Right click on Nework Places
    LEFT CLICK on PROPERTIES
    Right Click on LOCAL AREA CONNECTION
    LEFT click on STATUS
    Then click on the SUPPORT TAB on top.

What is that IP?
    Last edited by MisterEd; 12-19-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Here is even an easier test:

Make sure your VOIPO is set back to DHCP on the WAN side.
    Power off your cable/dsl modem.
    REMOVE your WRT.

Plug the cable that went into your WRT into the VOIPO WAN port. DON'T ATTACH ANYTHING ELSE.

All you have now is CABLE MODEM into VOIPO WAN port. No computers, no phones.

Power up CABLE MODEM
    Power up VOIPO

Does your phone work?

If not, bad Voipo
    If so misconfigured WRT router

(This is all assuming you didn't mess up the WAN settings on the Voipo device).

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    Here is even an easier test:

Make sure your VOIPO is set back to DHCP on the WAN side.
    Power off your cable/dsl modem.
    REMOVE your WRT.

Plug the cable that went into your WRT into the VOIPO WAN port. DON'T ATTACH ANYTHING ELSE.

All you have now is CABLE MODEM into VOIPO WAN port. No computers, no phones.

Power up CABLE MODEM
    Power up VOIPO

Does your phone work?

If not, bad Voipo
    If so misconfigured WRT router

(This is all assuming you didn't mess up the WAN settings on the Voipo device).
    I've been talking with VOIPo support about this. I think it's a bad RT. Earlier today I put the RT directly connected to the cable modem (I first made the WAN on the RT DHCP so the cable modem could assign it a public IP). I unplugged both, plugged in the cable modem, waited for the 4 lights, plugged in the VOIPo. The Internet light on the VOIPo blinked like crazy (which is normal). But never got a Phone light to light up. Then after waiting for 30 mins, I tried to get back into the RT admin screen, and the password was changed and I can no longer get in. I then tried the Reset button for 30 seconds, and it didn't work. Connecting an XP laptop to the RT, getting a 192.168.15.100 IP, I could see the internet fine.

Thanks to all of you for the continued suggestions.

-Craig

pass= voipoadmin ?
    I Void Warranties.

Quote Originally Posted by chpalmer View Post
    pass= voipoadmin ?
    Tried that on the advice of support and it didn't work (but thanks!).

Problem solved. Apparently hitting the "reset" button on the RT resets the provisioning, so the RT wasn't provisioning properly. Support gave me the right settings, I put it in, and viola. Everything works, and Phone 1 is lit.

Now I can go back and try to optimize the network in my environment.

Thanks to all of you for chipping in and helping me out. I hope I can return the favor to a new member soon.

-Craig

I've been talking with VOIPo support about this. I think it's a bad RT. Earlier today I put the RT directly connected to the cable modem (I first made the WAN on the RT DHCP so the cable modem could assign it a public IP). I unplugged both, plugged in the cable modem, waited for the 4 lights, plugged in the VOIPo. The Internet light on the VOIPo blinked like crazy (which is normal). But never got a Phone light to light up. Then after waiting for 30 mins, I tried to get back into the RT admin screen, and the password was changed and I can no longer get in. I then tried the Reset button for 30 seconds, and it didn't work. Connecting an XP laptop to the RT, getting a 192.168.15.100 IP, I could see the internet fine.

Thanks to all of you for the continued suggestions.

-Craig
    Since you mentioned you connected the RT to modem directly. Can we do one more check?

After hookup everything, run the ipconfig /all

Post the output here.

Quote Originally Posted by voip123 View Post
    Since you mentioned you connected the RT to modem directly. Can we do one more check?

After hookup everything, run the ipconfig /all

Post the output here.
    Well, I put the RT directly on the cable modem to eliminate everything else. After getting Phone 1 lit up, I moved it back behind the WRT router, and it still works fine.

I have the WRT give the RT WAN a 172.20.0.101 address (using Static DHCP on the WRT, Obtain IP on the RT). The RT LAN is 192.168.15.1. I have turned DHCP off on the RT because I'm not going to be connecting anything to it and don't want unnecessary things running on it.

When I did have a laptop connected to the RT (and DHCP was enabled), I believe it provided:

IP: 192.168.15.100
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.15.1
    DNS: 192.168.15.1

With that, I was able to see the RT, WRT, and internet.

I have unplugged the VoicePulse PAP2T, configured VoicePulse to always call my virtual number on VOIPo, and all is well.

/c

Well, I put the RT directly on the cable modem to eliminate everything else. After getting Phone 1 lit up, I moved it back behind the WRT router, and it still works fine.

I have the WRT give the RT WAN a 172.20.0.101 address (using Static DHCP on the WRT, Obtain IP on the RT). The RT LAN is 192.168.15.1. I have turned DHCP off on the RT because I'm not going to be connecting anything to it and don't want unnecessary things running on it.

When I did have a laptop connected to the RT (and DHCP was enabled), I believe it provided:

IP: 192.168.15.100
    DNS: 192.168.15.1

With that, I was able to see the RT, WRT, and internet.

I have unplugged the VoicePulse PAP2T, configured VoicePulse to always call my virtual number on VOIPo, and all is well.

/c
    OK. I can see your setting as below:
    #1 comcast modem (correct?). The default gateway on the device is 172.20.0.1. Now leave the DHCP enable on this device.

#2 your RT. When you connect the RT to the #1 in any port. But you must connect the other end on RT into the <B>Internet</B> port.

#3 A XP machine that connects to the RT.

If you run the ipconfig /all on the XP, you should get something like this:
    IP: 172.20.0.1XX
    DNS: 192.168.15.1 <- I am not sure about this one. Did you assign this?

Now open a browser,and type: http://172.20.0.1XX, the one you got from the command ipconfig /all. You might try: http://172.20.0.1XX:8080 or http://172.20.0.1XX:9999, it depends on the port VOIPo sets for you.

See if you can access.

Quote Originally Posted by voip123 View Post
    OK. I can see your setting as below:
    #1 comcast modem (correct?). The default gateway on the device is 172.20.0.1. Now leave the DHCP enable on this device.

#2 your RT. When you connect the RT to the #1 in any port. But you must connect the other end on RT into the <B>Internet</B> port.

#3 A XP machine that connects to the RT.

If you run the ipconfig /all on the XP, you should get something like this:
    IP: 172.20.0.1XX
    DNS: 192.168.15.1 <- I am not sure about this one. Did you assign this?

Now open a browser,and type: http://172.20.0.1XX, the one you got from the command ipconfig /all. You might try: http://172.20.0.1XX:8080 or http://172.20.0.1XX:9999, it depends on the port VOIPo sets for you.

See if you can access.
    I'm heading off to bed in a few minutes, so I can try this tomorrow. I will have to re-enable DHCP on the RT so the laptop gets an IP.

My config (roughly) is:
    Motorola SB5120 Cable modem -> Linksys WRT54GL (Tomato) -> Linksys RT31P2

The cable modem assigns a public IP to the WRT. The WRT then assigns an internal IP (172.20.0.101) to the RT.

The LAN addresses on the RT are 192.168.15.x, so when enabling DHCP on the RT, the laptop gets a 192.168.15.x address (not 172.20.0.x address like you mentioned above). For DNS, I didn't assign to 192.168.15.1. I believe that's the default when NAT is enabled. When a laptop connects wirelessly to the RT, the default gateway and DNS are 172.20.0.1 (the WRT IP).

I have enabled remote administration on the RT, so I can access it via a laptop with a 172.20.0.x address.

Is there anything I didn't address?

/c
    Last edited by ctaranto; 12-19-2009 at 10:34 PM.