Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calls to DirecTV each night

Default Re: Calls to DirecTV each night

Quote Originally Posted by abward View Post
    Ok, since it did not work...it dialed last night.

Also, I was thinking that I have an H20-600 upstairs too. Maybe it is trying to dial. So, I will unplug the phone on it and see what happens tomorrow.
    Call DirecTV and tell them you smell smoke from your H20-600 and it is getting very hot. There was a national callback on the H20-600's last year (but it has since ended) for overheating. There should be a stamp on the bottom with a code on it (ECO 1 or ECO 2 or no code at all). If it's ECO 2 it's been "fixed" if the code is ECO 1 or there is no code it's in the group that was called back. They used to replace them automatically but now you need to tell them it's very hot to the touch and smells like it's "burning up."

You might want to unplug everyhting that is phone connected to your ATA except the HD-DVR and 1 phone and see what happens overnight. You might also run the "system test" which does a test dial as the last test and see if it passes on both receivers.

(I was a DirecTV tech support & cust service trainer for a few years for a local private callcenter which handled only mdu type properties )
    Last edited by MisterEd; 01-01-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Yes, I am aware of the recall. Mine is an ECO 2, so I don't qualify. It runs warm, so I won't mind it too much when it finally does break. I finally go around to unplugging the H20-600 phone line today, so I will see what happens tomorrow.

FYI, it looks like the H20-600 is doing it, since I unplugged the phone line to it last night and it did not dial out in the log.

I did some Googling and it appears that there is no way to change the dial string (to prefix a *99,) on it.