Thread: What can your Tomato handle?

Default What can your Tomato handle?

I have several VOIP providers I play with in addition to my VOIPo being my primary. I have a router running Tomato firmware with an Asterisk box on the inside. I am not doing any port forwarding at all, just QOS.

It seems like if I get more than 4 trunks registering from my Asterisk box, I start getting strange drops and inability to register on any of them at random. If I get 4 or below, everything runs well. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this? I am running 1.21 firmware currently.

I suppose it could be something other than the router, but I have had plenty of trunks registered on other asterisk boxes at other locations and haven't seen this, so I assumed the router as the first place to check.

take care!

Default Re: What can your Tomato handle?

Quote Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
    I am running 1.21 firmware currently.
    1.25 is the latest, so I'd start experimenting with that...

I am running on 1.25 -- only one VoipO line. No problems, unless the router reboots, I lose connection to the Linksys PAP2 box and have to reboot it.

Would this have anything to do with it?
    http://www.broadbandreports.com/foru...h-VOIP-warning

I've moved to DD-WRT (though I do still prefer Tomato) due to this.

-Craig

That's an interesting link .. I have the same (or similar) problem with DD-WRT .. so, as that thread suggests, it is not just Tomato.

I had my router reboot every night .. however, intermittently, I'd find VOIPo would be dead after a reboot. If I hard cycled the power to the router, all would be fine.

Finally, I stopped rebooting nightly and went weekly. Well, this morning was the first reboot. Result, PAP2 was dead.

So if anyone knows a solution to this .. I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by kbuck320 View Post
    That's an interesting link .. I have the same (or similar) problem with DD-WRT .. so, as that thread suggests, it is not just Tomato.

I had my router reboot every night .. however, intermittently, I'd find VOIPo would be dead after a reboot. If I hard cycled the power to the router, all would be fine.

Finally, I stopped rebooting nightly and went weekly. Well, this morning was the first reboot. Result, PAP2 was dead.

So if anyone knows a solution to this .. I'm all ears.
    I haven't had those kinds of problems. One thing I did was change the unreplied timeout(?) I think. There is a thread about it somehwere.

When I tried DDWRT the QOS just didn't work no matter what I did. My calls would chop and cut out whenever anyone downloaded anything. With Tomato I can do a full speed test, download anything, whatever, and never have a break up.