Thread: What if there is no numbers left in our area?

Default What if there is no numbers left in our area?

Can VOIPo reproduce more?
    iVoIP Online
    http://www.ivoiponline.net
    877-208-2049

Default Re: What if there is no numbers left in our area?

A good question. Availability of numbers is definitely amiss in the reseller area. I created an account in an area with 'none available' and it was assigned a username of 0. I hate to imagine several accounts with the username of 0...

On top of that, the number selection 'panels' are inconsistent. For the 'included' account, one must choose state, then area code, then city. When creating a new account, one still chooses the state first, but area code selection is not requested--it skips to city. I'm sure that's an issue that will be resolved sooner or later... The concern I have here is that the two mechanisms of choosing a new number seem to have different banks of number availability.

Searching for a Raleigh, NC number when creating the 'included account' shows no numbers available, but when creating an additional account, ten numbers are listed.

Any specific area you are looking for? In most cases we are able to retrieve additional phone numbers for a particular service area, but it depends on the area. The best way to check is simply open a ticket with the requested area/exchange and we will see if we have anything available in the same area.

I opened a ticket and was told that I could get additional numbers in my area but that I would not have a list of numbers to choose from (the number assigned would be random/first available).

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    I opened a ticket and was told that I could get additional numbers in my area but that I would not have a list of numbers to choose from (the number assigned would be random/first available).
    99% of the time we use APIs from our carriers to pull inventory rather than maintaining internal inventory. So the issue with getting a list (in this case from a secondary carrier) is that there are usually hundreds of carriers using the same APIs and the inventory changes constantly. We've had many cases where users made a choice then it disappeared in the meantime.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

The Area is CALHOUN GEORGIA Areacode 706
    iVoIP Online
    http://www.ivoiponline.net
    877-208-2049

Will you be able to integrate the API-generated lists in your available inventory? Right now, it appears that your number availability is extremely sparse in many areas (including the Raleigh metro area ). I know that I would prefer to have a list of numbers to select from when signing up for new service (and I assume other customers would like the same).

In the meantime, if an account is to be created with number to be assigned, it needs some kind of username other than 0 (or perhaps the creation of the account could be delayed until the number is obtained?)...

You may need to pick a temporary number to get a full account with a DID as the account number. On the negative to that ... the account number would be that temporary DID, not something you want longer term for testing.

I can see an OHIO number, but cannot create an account.
    It says: Error: Please Complete All Fields of Number Ordering Form.
    Last edited by usa2k; 12-31-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!