Thread: Caution about signing up for additional years

Default Caution about signing up for additional years

Just a word of caution for those considering signing up for additional years at the current promotional yearly rate of $135 (via the vPanel billing promotions tab).

Since I was having great service from Voipo, I decided to lock in the great price for some time to come, so I signed up for 3 more years at the $135 yearly price. I truly believe Voipo has a good business model and appears to be on the right path to being a top notch VOIP provider, so I felt my decision was sound at the time. The only problem was that in my zeal to lock in the price, I failed to carefully read the TOS concerning the refund of money in the unlikely event of canceling my service.

See Tim’s comments about prepaid refunds in this thread:
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r236...ssues~start=35

Basically, if you cancel your service before your contract is up, you will be charged the standard monthly rate of $19.95 for all the used months into the contract instead of $11.25. The caveat to this is that if you decide to cancel more than halfway into your contract you will get little to no refund at all. In my case, I signed up for 4 years at $135/year for $540. I’ve had service for about a year already, so if I decided to cancel after my 2nd year, I would only get a $61.20 refund (($540-($19.95*24)) instead of $270. Within a few months afterward, I would get no refund at all.

Personally, I would like to see the TOS modified so as to treat each additional year of prepaid service independently from each other (i.e. a full refund for any unused future years).

I fully admit that I was remiss for not reading the TOS carefully, so I have no one to blame but myself if I need to prematurely cancel my service. I can only hope that Voipo will continue their great service so that this will never happen……..

Default Re: Caution about signing up for additional years

It actually already is applied to each prepayment independently.

Additional prepayments outside of the current period are "unused" so no prorating would apply to them.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Caution about signing up for additional years

Tim, thanks for the clarification. Very glad to hear.......