Thread: Billing Audit

Default Billing Audit

Today we have been working on a system-wide audit of our billing to prepare to move to our new billing system.

If you received any $0 invoices, you can safely ignore them. We inadvertently sent out $0 invoices to a few thousand customers that had no errors or corrections on their account.

If you received an invoice for a specific $ amount, this is to correct something that was not billed in the past that should have been. Invoices with a balance due like this will automatically be charged to your credit card on file.

Tomorrow we will complete the full audit with international and express forwarding billing audits.

If you have questions, please contact billing@voipo.com and let us know.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Billing Audit

We are working on all auditing international billing now and will be issuing any corrections for that today.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    If you received an invoice for a specific $ amount, this is to correct something that was not billed in the past that should have been. Invoices with a balance due like this will automatically be charged to your credit card on file.
    I assume the amount due will first be deducted from any credit that might exist for a given account before charging any remainder to the credit card on file?

Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    I assume the amount due will first be deducted from any credit that might exist for a given account before charging any remainder to the credit card on file?
    It should, yes. That's one of the things we're verifying in audit due to the move to the new billing system.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    It should, yes. That's one of the things we're verifying in audit due to the move to the new billing system.
    Super, thanks!

I received two separate charges to my credit card today for pending charges for international calls - one charge for the main line and one for the second line.

An existing credit balance on my account was NOT applied (to either) before the charges were submitted to mycredit card.

Additionally, I was billed for three calls (from the main line) that the pending charges screen has had listed as a $0.00 in the "Amount" column since 12/24 when these calls were made. So it seems that my "international credit" was removed upon bill generation, even though the pending screen 1) still shows these calls, and 2) they are still listed at $0.00.

I called support and described the issues, and was told I needed to open a ticket in vPanel. I asked why the support rep couldn't do that for me since we were already on the phone discussing it. He agreed to do so.

So looks like there are still several bugs that need to be addressesd.

Thanks,

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by fredco View Post
    I received two separate charges to my credit card today for pending charges for international calls - one charge for the main line and one for the second line.

An existing credit balance on my account was NOT applied (to either) before the charges were submitted to mycredit card.

Additionally, I was billed for three calls (from the main line) that the pending charges screen has had listed as a $0.00 in the "Amount" column since 12/24 when these calls were made. So it seems that my "international credit" was removed upon bill generation, even though the pending screen 1) still shows these calls, and 2) they are still listed at $0.00.

I called support and described the issues, and was told I needed to open a ticket in vPanel. I asked why the support rep couldn't do that for me since we were already on the phone discussing it. He agreed to do so.

So looks like there are still several bugs that need to be addressesd.

Thanks,

Fred
    Yes, we're still working on auditing these charges and corrected international invoices will be issued later today. If the invoices were already paid, any difference will be refunded.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Thanks Tim for the quick response.

If 1) I had checked the forum BEFORE I called support today, or 2) after calling support if the rep would have told me this was a known issue and an audit was in progress - instead of asking me to open a ticket...

...then I would not have needed a ticket or posted here today. I’ll remember to check in the future for these type of announcements first. Sorry for taking a few cycles of your time to respond here.

And I want you to know that your active forum presence and the robust VOIPo feature set and value is why I chose to move to VOIPo, and why I subsequently extended my subscription to Feb 2012!

Reliability/Features/Value/Great Customer Support - these are the keys to business success, and I have experienced all these in my first 12 months here.

Thanks!

Fred
    (fredco)
    Last edited by fredco; 01-29-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Do you issue invoices for all charges? I'm paid ahead for the next year or two, and I never make international calls through VOIPo, so I don't expect any charges. However, I'm not as vigilant as I should be in checking my credit card statements. Can I assume that I will receive some sort of email or paper invoice from VOIPo prior to any charges being posted to my credit card?

Quote Originally Posted by caseydoug View Post
    Do you issue invoices for all charges? I'm paid ahead for the next year or two, and I never make international calls through VOIPo, so I don't expect any charges. However, I'm not as vigilant as I should be in checking my credit card statements. Can I assume that I will receive some sort of email or paper invoice from VOIPo prior to any charges being posted to my credit card?
    Yes, you'll always get an e-mailed invoice/payment receipt and the invoices will show up in vPanel.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com