Thread: A few fixes needed with process of ordering hardware

Default A few fixes needed with process of ordering hardware

I originally posted some hardware assignment challenges associated with ordering hardware from VoIPo (here).

The process and hardware implementation has been completed now, and there are some challenges that need to be addressed prior to 'production'. I'll briefly outline the details below, and highlight those areas that need to be addressed:

• Equipment ordered on 01/21 via Hardware-Order New Device from VOIPo Tab
    • Equipment shipped on 01/22 and tracking information was posted in my Hardware-Device History Tab - would have been cool to have the tracking number hot-linked to USPS's tracking page (note: Device History DID show proper MAC address, and correct username/phone number it was assigned to during ordering)
    • PAP2T device arrives via USPS on 01/25, packed in a USPS flat rate shipping box.
    • The USPS label clearly indicated VOIPo and VOIPo's corporate address in the return address (should be shipped 'blind' for resellers)
    • The box included a prepaid return label with my name and address as the FROM, and VOIPo's name and address as the TO (not sure why I got a return label, but yet another VOIPo ID)
    • The box included the standard VOIPo instruction sheet and E911 information which included the VOIPo corporate logo
    • When connecting the unit to the network (to test the plug-and-play capabilities of the ordering process), the unit did provision fully and automatically, however it provisioned with a completely different phone number than it was assigned to during the ordering process (reference my other post here for additional details as to which number it was assigned, and why)
    • In order to provision the unit properly (as ordered on the "Order New Device" screen, I had to visit the hardware tab, manually assign the appropriate phone numbers for line 1 and line 2, and resync the device.

As a reseller, the issues in red would need to be fully addressed prior to me using VOIPo as a hardware provider (which would be very beneficial, considering VOIPo's buying power).

Tim, my intent is not to be critical... just testing the full process and trying to identify all the areas that need to be addressed prior to reseller launch. Hope it helps!

Default Re: A few fixes needed with process of ordering hardware

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverLabs View Post
    The USPS label clearly indicated VOIPo and VOIPo's corporate address in the return address (should be shipped 'blind' for resellers)
    The ones i recieved did NOT have this it was just a address. There was also NO voipo logo. It was shipped USPS.

Tyler
    iVoIP Online
    http://www.ivoiponline.net
    877-208-2049

The shipment I see was a replacement device for ticket QON-738134 which was processed as a replacement and not a reseller device (which is why a return label for the defective one, etc).

Is this the same one or a different order?

The ones processed as reseller shipments do go out without a company name anywhere.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    The shipment I see was a replacement device for ticket QON-738134 which was processed as a replacement and not a reseller device (which is why a return label for the defective one, etc).

Is this the same one or a different order?

The ones processed as reseller shipments do go out without a company name anywhere.
    Hey Tim...
    The ticket you mentioned above was a replacement for a RT31P I was helping Brandon test, and I believe he was going to replace it with another RT31P for continued testing purposes (as it was a provisioning challenge [potentially] specific to that device).

I looked back through my records, and the e-mail I received from Brandon letting me know he was putting my ticket in the shipping queue for a replacement device was sent on the same day I received the PAP2 I mentioned above. USPS just 'aint that good!

Also, the information listed on the Device History tab (mentioned above in bullet point #2) indicated the exact phone number I used during the order process (different than the phone number Brandon and I were using for testing).

To answer your question directly, there were two orders (well, one order, one replacement) that happened within a few days of each other. However, based on the "new order" PAP2 being received on the same day of the "replacement" RT, I'm pretty confident they are mutually exclusive.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information to help track what happened!

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverLabs View Post
    To answer your question directly, there were two orders (well, one order, one replacement) that happened within a few days of each other. However, based on the "new order" PAP2 being received on the same day of the "replacement" RT, I'm pretty confident they are mutually exclusive.
    Update on above information:

I received another ATA from VOIPo today - presumably, this is the replacement Brandon issued via ticket #QON-738134 on 01/25/2010.

Here's how this shipment looked:
    • USPS box contained shipping label with VOIPo LLC and corporate address listed as return address.
    • Box contained two documents - 1-E911 information disclosure with VOIPo logo on top, and 1-Quick Reference Guide with NO VOIPo logos or identifying information

For reference, the box earlier this week included:
    • Prepaid return label with VOIPo name and address
    • E911 information document with VOIPo logo
    • Troubleshooting Guide document with VOIPo logo, support e-mail, web address, and phone number
    • Quick Reference Guide documentation with VOIPo logo, support e-mail, web address, and phone number

Also, as mentioned in my original post at the top, when the shipping department sent the replacement out, the MAC of the replacement unit showed up in my hardware tab and automatically assigned itself to the lowest unassigned phone number/username on my account at that moment. Not cool!
    I saw the strange MAC show up in my hardware tab a few days ago, but wanted to wait until I got the HW to verify it was, in fact, from the replacement device they were sending.
    Last edited by MacGyverLabs; 01-29-2010 at 05:03 PM.

I will confirm all the hardware I have ordered in the reseller CP was received with VOIPo LLC and the address of 11251 Northwest Fwy Ste 100, Houston TX on the shipping label.

The instruction sheet for the last ATA ordered didn't mention VoIPo.

Perhaps VoIPo could use a P.O. Box for reseller shipping to keep it a little more anonymous.