Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dial 456 for Minute Check

Default Re: Dial 456 for Minute Check

I do think it's a great idea!

I like this idea as well.

Kudos! Great idea... even though it was never answered!

I've seen developers offer "bounties" to 3rd party developers to do things like this for them.

Since voipo is based on FreeSwitch, maybe Tim could consider using bounties to get features like this implemented more rapidly.

Or perhaps something like Freelancer.com?

Then voipo's internal developer could go over it to make sure it is secure before implementing it as a Beta feature.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    I've seen developers offer "bounties" to 3rd party developers to do things like this for them.

Since voipo is based on FreeSwitch, maybe Tim could consider using bounties to get features like this implemented more rapidly.

Or perhaps something like Freelancer.com?

Then voipo's internal developer could go over it to make sure it is secure before implementing it as a Beta feature.

I wish it were that simple.

The only thing we use Freeswitch for is voicemail. The core of our system is based on SER/Kamailio.

Unfortunately since it's very heavily customized there's really no easy way for a third-party to make something to add to it because of all the complexities and the sheer number of that that have to tie together to make things work. We have dozens of servers that all interact with each other so it's a pretty complex setup. Receiving a phone call requires over 30 database queries for all the different things needed (everything from looking up the caller ID name to show to checking billing to checking call routing).

We always take suggestions that you guys give to us and consider them for the future, but we can't always implement them fast because the system is so complex that adding one thing could break another so development takes time with a system like ours and that forces us to have to prioritize requests.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook