Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: voipwelcome.com

Default Re: voipwelcome.com

man I did the same thing

Created a cname proxy.voipmyway.com and pointed it to sip.voipwelcome.com

Only issue is users still see sip.voipwelcome.com when they log into the portal. Also even redirecting the site unless you do url cloaking will still display the actual site.

Quote Originally Posted by genxweb View Post
    man I did the same thing

Created a cname proxy.voipmyway.com and pointed it to sip.voipwelcome.com

Only issue is users still see sip.voipwelcome.com when they log into the portal. Also even redirecting the site unless you do url cloaking will still display the actual site.
    That's a good sign if you're not having service issues with that setup since it may mean we don't have to do as much changing as we expected when we go through it.

Where are they seeing sip.voipwelcome in the portal?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Tim sorry about that I never logged in as a normal user. I always assumed clicking on account in the panel gave me the same view as them. I used a clients account today and logged in and saw I have been mistaken.

Thanks

Last night I started to give clients the cname address I created and it did not work. I opened a ticket with support and they said this is not supported.

The error I get is too many hops, though a trace route shows the same amount of hops.

Quote Originally Posted by genxweb View Post
    Last night I started to give clients the cname address I created and it did not work. I opened a ticket with support and they said this is not supported.

The error I get is too many hops, though a trace route shows the same amount of hops.
    Yeah, unfortunately that's what I thought. Like I said earlier it'll require some changes in many parts of our system to retrofit it for different domains since the domain is a huge part of the VoIP signaling.

It's on our list.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Couple of crazy ideas on this subject, for anyone who's interested. I was brain storming and thought I'd share with the forum users.

1. To hide the cp.voipwelcome.com control panel, might it be easier to create a separate set of control panel pages with direct links? In other words, individual pages without a built-in menu. Then resellers could have the option to use the current control panel, or create their own control panel menu, using their own site buttons, and just run the various pages in iframes. That would look great and hide things for the most part. My only assumption is that the login page would also have to run in an iframe, and that the other pages would work, so long as the session didn't time out.

2. To hide the sip.voipwelcome.com proxy address (which is typically only visible to softphone users), we use a generic "auto provisioning" script for X-Lite. Then each reseller could host the script on their own server/domain. The script would provision X-Lite to use sip.voipwelcome.com as the proxy. This would effectively hide the info from most users. Anyone who wanted to dig around could still see it, but at least it wouldn't be as prominent and reseller Branding would be more uniform.

Of course, resellers can already do their own auto provisioning script. But I suspect Voipo techs could do it much faster. And it would spare all the resellers from a lot of duplicated effort.

Anyway, nothing urgent. Just some things to consider as an intermediate solution until a full domain masking project is feasible.

Any developments on this front?