Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPhone app for BYOD

Default Re: iPhone app for BYOD

Quote Originally Posted by eacollin View Post
    I've settled on Acrobits for now until the Voipo app is available.
    I may be wrong, but I believe the VOIPo app is to control the features of your phone, like VPanel. It is not a softphone. However, I agree, Acrobits seems to work fine as a BYOD solution.

Bria for iPhone rocks! Latest version supports G722 and G729 codecs. Who needs a cordless phone at home? One phone to rule them all . . .

I'm using Whistle Phone with Voipo settings. Is Bria better? This is on an iPad.
    Last edited by mogulman; 01-12-2011 at 09:11 AM.

I've not tried Whistle. Bria started out as under-featured relative to other VOIP apps but has added features over time. I think it is one of the most feature rich apps now. Prior to bria adding the additional features I found Groundwire from Acrobits (their other app is Acrobits Softphone). I find both Groundwire and bria to be excellent apps.

Disclaimer - I have an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.1. I have no experience with an ipad or iPhone 4.

I use LINPHONE on my ipod touch and it works great and best of all it's free!
    I think the program is a spawn of a lynix version.
    Didn't care for the PC version of LinPhone. I think on the PC side X-lite still seems to be the best.