Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone app for BYOD

Default iPhone app for BYOD

I use x-lite on my PC with BYOD without problems. But I sometimes do not want to fire up the PC to make calls when I am away from home and the PAP.

I downloaded the iSip application for my iPhone but cannot get it to work - the registration always times out. I tried the acrobits iPhone application and it works without problems but I still want to get iSip to work.

Could someone who has gotten the iSip app to work post the necessary configuration parameters.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting hints?

Thanks,

Keeska

Default Re: iPhone app for BYOD

I was never able to get the iSIP to work. I use acrobits softphone with my ipod touch and it works just fine.

If acrobits works why do you want to use iSIP?

Thank you for the confirmation of problems with iSip. Looks like the app may be broken.
    If acrobits works why do you want to use iSIP?
    Just for feature and voice quality comparison. Since I already purchased iSip I wanted to see what it can do.

Quote Originally Posted by keeska View Post
    I use x-lite on my PC with BYOD without problems. But I sometimes do not want to fire up the PC to make calls when I am away from home and the PAP.

I downloaded the iSip application for my iPhone but cannot get it to work - the registration always times out. I tried the acrobits iPhone application and it works without problems but I still want to get iSip to work.

Could someone who has gotten the iSip app to work post the necessary configuration parameters.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting hints?

Thanks,

Keeska

Did you go with the default settings when using Acrobits on your iphone/ipod?
    I will try Acrobits on an iphone over T-mobile Edge not 3G..??

So far it works but I seem to have degraded reception - the call goes through but it washes away.. audio drags and sounds bad.. I will keep testing, also will post the settings am using for this app.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by eacollin; 06-28-2010 at 10:01 AM.

VOIPoLucas Guest

On 3G, EDGE, or wifi?

That was on Edge - mind you very weak call quality.

Phone is a 3GS on T-Mobile Network

After downloading and playing with Bria (CounterPath) on my iphone I got this to work with my account id/pw/ and sip.name.com etc - Call quality not that great but it worked.

Today I decided to test Fring on my Line with the basic settings of the sip account from voipo. id/pw/ and sip.name.com etc - so far the call quality has been better with Fring than Bria.. Will post more tests results

Fring :I was able to call several local numbers and speak for over two minutes quite clearly the caller said. Will keep testing..

I use "siphon" on my iPhone and it works fine.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by eacollin View Post
    Phone is a 3GS on T-Mobile Network

After downloading and playing with Bria (CounterPath) on my iphone I got this to work with my account id/pw/ and sip.name.com etc - Call quality not that great but it worked.

Today I decided to test Fring on my Line with the basic settings of the sip account from voipo. id/pw/ and sip.name.com etc - so far the call quality has been better with Fring than Bria.. Will post more tests results

Fring :I was able to call several local numbers and speak for over two minutes quite clearly the caller said. Will keep testing..

I've settled on Acrobits for now until the Voipo app is available.