Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Service Down ?

Default Re: Service Down ?

I have to agree with Steve. A telephone is a "bare essential" in the household, especially one with kids and/or parents/inlaws who may have a medical emergency at any time.

Yes, we have cell phones, but in a need of crisis, play date, or whatever, playing round robin with phone numbers to get a hold of someone sometimes isn't an option.

Luckily, after a few months of issues/instability, VOIPo support and I have worked out the issues and now I'm stable (no known outages for about a month).

-Craig

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    The way our failover works, it should be either one or the other depending on what is set.

Do you have a ticket open?
    I don't have a ticket open yet. I was going to try disconnecting my end and then seeing what happens at fail over time. The past two times latency on the Internet was an issue, the failover went to VOIPo VM and not my failover number. I would like to reproduce it and then I'll open the ticket with more accurate dates/times.

Since we use the public internet sometimes it's out of our control.

Sorry to hear your wife was upset. I hear so much about the ways of wives whether from customers or employees. The more I hear, the more I'm glad I don't have one.
    Naaaah, Wives are OK. I've had mine 44 years. There are times when I'd like to trade her in, but once you get used to them, they are bearable. Grandchildren are even better.

Quote Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
    I don't have a ticket open yet. I was going to try disconnecting my end and then seeing what happens at fail over time. The past two times latency on the Internet was an issue, the failover went to VOIPo VM and not my failover number. I would like to reproduce it and then I'll open the ticket with more accurate dates/times.
    Tonight there is horrible latency to central. I have been seeing it a lot lately into Dallas. Maybe someone at the data center can re-route around this latency or talk to their carriers and see if something can be done. My latency is only to VOIPo and not my other providers.

Quote Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
    Tonight there is horrible latency to central. I have been seeing it a lot lately into Dallas. Maybe someone at the data center can re-route around this latency or talk to their carriers and see if something can be done. My latency is only to VOIPo and not my other providers.
    Can you send or post a traceroute?

We aren't really seeing any issues so would need something to show them if we report it.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 03-18-2010 at 09:51 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I am also having issues on my lines today: Weird tones (both DTMF and other strange things), incoming calls going directly to voice mail, outgoing calls ringing busy when the other person says their phone rings and no one is on the other end, outgoing calls failing to connect, and 1/2 to 1 second delay echos.

I haven't opened a ticket since I can't pin down something solid to tell the support guys.

I opened a ticket. I gave the info I had, I can only hope they don't think I'm crazy

Can you send or post a traceroute?

We aren't really seeing any issues so would need something to show them if we report it.
    When I see it again I'll send something over. Most often times I don't catch it right at the moment it is happening. Most of the time my wife tells me later the phone was "broken" and I look at my Asterisk logs to find there was high latency with the qualify. I have two other providers that did not show any problem with latency. If it is my Internet, all of the providers log around the same time the qualify latency was out of whack, but the last couple of days it was only the VOIPo route.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    Naaaah, Wives are OK. I've had mine 44 years. There are times when I'd like to trade her in, but once you get used to them, they are bearable. Grandchildren are even better.
    Whaddyknow, another geezer. My wife and I were married in August 1965. I didn't think anyone in this forum would come close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by caseydoug View Post
    Whaddyknow, another geezer. My wife and I were married in August 1965. I didn't think anyone in this forum would come close to that.
    Got me by a year. Yea, the whole world is full o' dem youngun's.