Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Service Down ?

Default Service Down ?

Tried to call home and getting "The code you dialed is incorrect check the no you dialed" message. @ 3/17/10 11:32AM PST

Default Re: Service Down ?

My wife just got the same. She is FURIOUS.
    Russell

Everything seems fine. Only 2 support tickets in our main queue total.

It's possible there was a network blip for a few seconds, but usually we see a huge surge in tickets when there is.

We'll keep a close eye on things thought to see if anything comes up.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Everything seems fine. Only 2 support tickets in our main queue total.

It's possible there was a network blip for a few seconds, but usually we see a huge surge in tickets when there is.

We'll keep a close eye on things thought to see if anything comes up.
    Must have been several network blips :-). The wife called, got the message, then called me and conference called so I could hear the same message (disconnected / not in service) - so the downtime was more than just the first call. She was pretty p*ssed off to say the least as she was trying to reach a child at home to coordinate travel plans and there was no other way to reach home. Luckily, it now appears to be fixed.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Must have been several network blips :-). The wife called, got the message, then called me and conference called so I could hear the same message (disconnected / not in service) - so the downtime was more than just the first call. She was pretty p*ssed off to say the least as she was trying to reach a child at home to coordinate travel plans and there was no other way to reach home. Luckily, it now appears to be fixed.
    I had an incoming call go directly to VOIPo voicemail this morning. I have my failover set to another phone number, so I'm not sure why failover isn't working for me. It was the same thing when there was latency problems a couple of days ago.

If the VOIPo system recognizes there is a problem and sends calls to voicemail as a failover, why would it not recognize to send to my failover phone number I have set up?

Quote Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
    I had an incoming call go directly to VOIPo voicemail this morning. I have my failover set to another phone number, so I'm not sure why failover isn't working for me. It was the same thing when there was latency problems a couple of days ago.

If the VOIPo system recognizes there is a problem and sends calls to voicemail as a failover, why would it not recognize to send to my failover phone number I have set up?
    The way our failover works, it should be either one or the other depending on what is set.

Do you have a ticket open?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Since we use the public internet sometimes it's out of our control.

Sorry to hear your wife was upset. I hear so much about the ways of wives whether from customers or employees. The more I hear, the more I'm glad I don't have one.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Sorry to hear your wife was upset. I hear so much about the ways of wives whether from customers or employees. The more I hear, the more I'm glad I don't have one.
    LOL! My wife called last night too bitching that the phone doesn't work right. One way audio (again). Support had me forward the high ports (35000-65000 UDP I think), but I forgot to open those ports in the firewall!! Ooops.. So far today I've had no more issues with one-way audio so I think the problem was my firewall.

Wives seem to get bent out of shape when the phone doesn't work.

When the pouty wives complain just remind them how much money they are saving over standard service. Show them that its close to $500 or more for a year, and see if pressing redial once a week is really worth the flowers, nice dinners and extra crap they bought with that $500.

My wife will tell you that an unreliable phone isn't worth free. That's what I told Vonage when I called to cancel, as my Vonage line had been pretty much unusable for months, despite multiple support tickets.

So far, she likes Voipo.
    Steve