Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: International Calling Rates

Default Re: International Calling Rates

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    90 isn't really something we'd be able to do, sorry.

We're working on updating all the other rates & the different areas of site.
    Instead of 60 minutes have you considered a use-it-or-lose-it credit each month for international calls? Average amount about what you're giving out for free to those who use the 60 minutes, so it doesn't cost you any more. Or, is that too much of an administrative headache? I have faint memories of a former company having such a monthly credit at some point in time.
    Russell

What is the "Package Eligible" Column mean? Does it mean its included in the "free 60 minutes" package?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sr98user View Post
    What is the "Package Eligible" Column mean? Does it mean its included in the "free 60 minutes" package?

Thanks
    Yes, the prefixes with that designation are included in the 60 free minutes.

It's 60 free months total per calendar month (to any combination of eligible destinations). Since it is calculated based on the calendar month so you'd have up to 60 free minutes remaining this month.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I see in your "Free International credit" section it says, cell phone numbers are not included. But in the rate section it says "yes" for "Package Eligible". I assume rate section is more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by sr98user View Post
    I see in your "Free International credit" section it says, cell phone numbers are not included. But in the rate section it says "yes" for "Package Eligible". I assume rate section is more accurate.
    For most countries they're not. As long as the rate table shows "yes", then it's included.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    India is the biggest drop going from $0.09 to $0.02 per minute. We are also now including India in the Free 60 Minutes Per Month calling plan on all residential accounts.
    Awesome news, Tim! You've swayed my wife into the "VOIPo rocks" category (I've been there for months).

-Craig
    Comcast -> SB6120 -> WRT54GL (Tomato 1.27) -> PAP2T
    Tomato settings: Ports Fowarded: 5000-65000 UDP, UDP Unreplied Timeout: 10, UDP Assured Timeout: 300, QoS Enabled, Static DHCP to PAP2T MAC address

Do not just talk about international call rate, how about call quality? Anyone has problem with international calls (to China)?

I have been experiencing serious problem with international calls to China, not just one number, but all numbers (3-4 numbers) to China I call.

Very often, I hear from China side voice intermittent, but this is only a minor problem. The major problem is that when I call China, China side hears call from US side but when they pick up the phone they cannot hear anything from US side. I connected VOIPO customer and they did some routing change and things sometimes get a little better for a while and the problem comes back again!

I also get a lot of 1-minute charges due to all the failed calls!

This problem has been going on for months and cannot been solved! It is extremely frustrating! If this problem keeps going on, I want my money back!

Quote Originally Posted by qzhaosj2 View Post
    Do not just talk about international call rate, how about call quality? Anyone has problem with international calls (to China)?

I have been experiencing serious problem with international calls to China, not just one number, but all numbers (3-4 numbers) to China I call.

Very often, I hear from China side voice intermittent, but this is only a minor problem. The major problem is that when I call China, China side hears call from US side but when they pick up the phone they cannot hear anything from US side. I connected VOIPO customer and they did some routing change and things sometimes get a little better for a while and the problem comes back again!

I also get a lot of 1-minute charges due to all the failed calls!

This problem has been going on for months and cannot been solved! It is extremely frustrating! If this problem keeps going on, I want my money back!
    Please see the reply to your other post about this:

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...newpost&t=2415

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim
    VOIPo focuses on the US market and less than 1/2 of 1% of our customers have ever made an international call, so international calling is not our strongest point and not really something we have a lot of experience with yet.

When a customer places an international call, VOIPo has to send the call to an international carrier to complete. So the calls are going over the internet overseas

International call quality on VoIP is usually good, but since it relies on the internet much more and there are thousands of international carriers involved, the quality will vary and there are more points of failure.

As outlined in our State of the Union, we are working on adding more international carriers and lowering international pricing. This will give us more flexibility in finding a carrier to complete a call you've had

We expect this lower international pricing will attract more customers that place international calls and it will become a larger part of our service. As more customers are making international calls and reporting issues, we'll be able to more easily identify problem routes where there are issues connecting certain destinations through certain carriers.

When we first launched, it took a while to get our US routing optimized to make sure call quality in the US was great. By using the info from customer reported issues, we were able to optimize those routes to remove problem areas and carriers from the mix. As our international volume increases, we'll be able to do that with international calling now as well.

When you have an international calling issue, it's important to report it so that we know. These are not issues we can simply correct on our end so it's not a matter of us finding a problem and fixing it. The solution is almost always going to be to work with the international carrier delivering the call or routing the call through a different provider to bypass them if there are continuous issues.

If you don't already have a ticket open with the destination numbers/times you had issues with, please report them to support@voipo.com and we'll be able to re-route your calls and go from there.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Sorry to see that not all international rates dropped. I was hoping the rates to the Philippines would drop but so far they have not. May have to look for a differnt carrier to find lower rates. Even high cost Vonage offers lower rates to some countries including the Philippines. Perhaps your employees in charge of finding lower rates for customers need to find a different overseas carrier to do business with. Just a thought.

So far we've only updated our most popular areas. We'll be updating more over the next few weeks. As far as Philippines I'm not sure if that will go up or down since I don't have rates in front of me, but it's possible that it will still be adjusted when all the rates are updated.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com