Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: International Calling Rates

Default Re: International Calling Rates

The reason I keep an eye on the Philippines rates is because we do have family over there. Sure do hope the rates could drop. I do love the service and responses I get from you and your fellow employess at Voipo. Some times it may seem that I don't in my post hear or in the DSLReports forums. I am a Voipo fan. I can truthfully say that I have yet to have any problems with my Voipo service.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    India is the biggest drop going from $0.09 to $0.02 per minute. We are also now including India in the Free 60 Minutes Per Month calling plan on all residential accounts.
    Tim, can you check the India section? The rates are the same for all the land lines and cell companies (2c). Also, all appear to be package eligible except for ONE provider. Just want to confirm that is intentional. Not that I plan any calls to that provider, but I drilled down when I saw your announcement and am curious.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Tim, can you check the India section? The rates are the same for all the land lines and cell companies (2c). Also, all appear to be package eligible except for ONE provider. Just want to confirm that is intentional. Not that I plan any calls to that provider, but I drilled down when I saw your announcement and am curious.
    Yeah, India is now $0.02 across the board...even the wireless.

That lone carrier should be included...the prefix must not be flagged on site. We'll get that fixed Monday in site.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

So I was looking this morning to try and find out how much it would cost for a call to St. John, in the US Virgin Islands, and despite looking for over 5 mins, could not find out if this is an included (free) call, or if there was a cost/minute. Perhaps an "enter the number you're calling" to find the rate, would be helpful?

BTW, I never did find out if the call's free - if I don't get an answer on here, I'll ask support later today.

Edit - Ah, here it is - listed as USVI - $0.05/min.
    Last edited by Brian; 06-01-2010 at 03:29 AM.

Last edited by usa2k; 06-01-2010 at 04:04 AM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Thanks USA...definitely does the job, although I would think Tim might prefer to maintain something on his servers to ensure rate accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Thanks USA...definitely does the job, although I would think Tim might prefer to maintain something on his servers to ensure rate accuracy?
    The comparevoipproviderrates site isn't accurate. They list India-Ahmedabad as $0.0835 for VOIPo, while Tim announced a few weeks back that it's $0.02/min to all of India.
    Comcast -> SB6120 -> WRT54GL (Tomato 1.27) -> PAP2T
    Tomato settings: Ports Fowarded: 5000-65000 UDP, UDP Unreplied Timeout: 10, UDP Assured Timeout: 300, QoS Enabled, Static DHCP to PAP2T MAC address

So it is 3 weeks later and no price drop to the Philippines. I am not understanding the high cost for calls to this country. Especially with other companies offering the rates of 12 cents to 15 cents per minute. 22 cents per minute does seem kind of high to me. Does voipo sell calling cards? As this may be a cheaper route to go.

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    You are NOT serious! Totally deliberately inaccurate. Nitzan's "Fictional Rate Service"? There was a 20 page discussion on DSLreports dot com about that.

Cool Re: International Calling Rates

Hi: I use several different calling cards to call internationally, one of the cheapest ones is german-based 'webcalldirect.com' Their rates to Phils is not cheap, 9/11 cents/min for landline/mobile. Your just not gonna get any cheaper than that:

http://webcalldirect.com/en/calling-rates.html#letp

I find the quality of these guys suffers a bit for the price. I also use Onesuite.com,and net2phone.com, who have much better call quality, but are more expensive.

-- stefan

Quote Originally Posted by MacAttack103 View Post
    So it is 3 weeks later and no price drop to the Philippines. I am not understanding the high cost for calls to this country. Especially with other companies offering the rates of 12 cents to 15 cents per minute. 22 cents per minute does seem kind of high to me. Does voipo sell calling cards? As this may be a cheaper route to go.
    Last edited by chex; 06-29-2010 at 09:18 AM.