Thread: what is usps doing?

Default what is usps doing?

now i know why they are losing the billions that they are. the stealing of netflix discs, etc. now this is a new low

yes the adapter was supposed to be in this box but my post office received it empty..... thieves.......someone pry took it and tossed the box back

Default Re: what is usps doing?

Last couple things I got via USPS arrived fine but made me nervous.
    The first one was a Blu-Ray player bought from Wal-Mart. The box was a little banged up but OK. The thing is, it was the box the device comes in. I thought it would be boxed inside another box. Now this gift with an included gift receipt had USPS crap plastered all over it.
    The second instance, last week, was a 23" HDTV/Monitor I bought to upgrade my desktop at home. It came in much better shape, but also was not protected in a containing box. It traveled from New York to Michigan with a full color image advertising what it was in all its 1080P glory. It also was plastered with USPS shipping labels.
    These things do have a very protective construction with Styrofoam and all, but it still seems like sub-par packaging.

On the VOIPo subject, its a much smaller and more resilient object, and I feel the packaging is just fine for what it contains. In your case, it seems to have met with the extreme exception to the rule! As most advice for VOIPo, putting in a ticket is the net step.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

i have i included pics as "evidence" as all are guilty until proven innocent so ya usps makes me nervous as hell. i prefer ups

Quote Originally Posted by DaDead View Post
    i prefer ups
    Here's my best UPS story...
    My wife orders an Orek vacuum.
    Too long, no show.
    Tracking number look-up on-line says: Unable to deliver, no such address. The address in the tracking database is correct.
    I call UPS. No clue. We'll check. (right).
    My rented house's residents call to say vacuum was sent there. That's 100 miles from my home.
    UPS said an employee incorrectly decided to send it to a prior address for my name, since they couldn't deliver to the specified address. Nice. Fortunately, that prior address is my tenant, a friend.
    UPS says: OK, our mistake. We'll re-deliver to the original address.
    Yes, days later another "cannot deliver".
    I stop a UPS truck in the neighborhood and explain the history. He says "new driver on your route. She doesn't understand the street names which are Spanish and four words long". He promises to correct all this. He does.
    Vacuum arrives having taken several trips back and forth. Box beat-up. Vacuum works.
    I talked with Ms. new driver. She was smilingly indifferent.

Just open a ticket and we'll replace and and file an insurance claim with USPS.

We actually see far more "rough handling" and damage with UPS, but it happens sometimes with all carriers.

We have insurance for this kind of thing and replacing is not an issue.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Kind of sad because I never really needed/used it much ...
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r184...l-VoIP-Adapter

The related thing was:
    Got my UPS package

LOL it was not my package - it was for someone ten houses away!

Turns out my package was at their house.

Mine was from Buy.com -- theirs from SunRocket.com
    (What were the odds!?!)
    Both were ATAs. After getting my ZyXel VoIP Adapter to play with during VOIPo Beta Testing, SunRocket announced they were closing up a couple days later. Poor other guy on my block. In hindsight, I guess we both invested badly at the time. I almost never used the device. VOIPo sent us devices a week or so later to test ...

Both boxes were packed in boxes, and the outer boxes were in excellent condition.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Fedex rules! Last package that was susceptible to damage was not put on the regular delivery truck (as usual) but delivered directly to me in a small van. The box arrived in new condition.