Thread: Discussion: VOIPo State of Union

Default Discussion: VOIPo State of Union

This thread is to discuss things mentioned in the 2010 VOIPo State of the Union Post.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Discussion: VOIPo State of Union

Tim,

I was delighted to see the post and to learn that VOIPo is profitable. I was intrigued by the "Council of Customers" idea - how do you envision that working?
    Steve

Great post, Tim. VOIPo is the 3rd VOIP company I've tried for my main line, and the one I've stuck with the longest, by far. Everyone I've sent your way has been thrilled with the service, and hopefully things are only going to get better. I, too, am curious about your customer panel. It sounds like a very interesting concept.

Great announcement Tim.

The level of voice/opinion you offer your customers, combined with the structure and vision you have created in VOIPo, makes me so glad that I joined the initial beta testing. I am glad to hear the business plan is profitable, and I credit that to you, your people, choices in technology, and the way your business defines integrity.
    Last edited by usa2k; 04-13-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Greatly enjoyed reading it.
    Russell

Tim....

Great presemtation. Really puts it all up front and for those who don't yet know you and what you can do, should give them all the confidence they need to continue with the great service VOIPo offers..

burris

These days it is refreshing to see this level of competence, thoroughness and professionalism not only from the person, Tim, who has become the face of VOIPo and the "go to guy" that has put himself in the line of fire and taken personal care of his clients, but the staff that I have interacted with. Of whom many undoubtedly know me by my initials (not fb). I would expect nothing less after having my first exposure (the day I eMailed to find out about their services and got a reply from Tim himself) and experiences with Tim while being somewhat "hand held" while being brought into the fold, through some of their rough patches and being inducted into VOIPo at such a high level from the start. I am glad that their efforts are "paying off" and will be around for a while. As I plan to.

Being a veteran of the telecom industry, I am aware of what Tim is describing and the pit-falls that he has and will encounter. I have no fear in VOIPo's ability to meet and successfully exceed expectations. As I have turned over my personal and professional telecommunications wellbeing to them.

I look forward to new features, but mostly to the solidification of current ones and operational instructions for them. This area of CS I know well.

Congratulations, my best to you for the future and keep up the good work. Oh and my phone line.

". . . this is suppose to be torture, not therapy!!!"

– Minerva Mayflower, Hudson Hawk

I'm just sittin' on the Beach makin' sure each grain of sand is in its proper place.

Where are we at with instructions for vPanel? Is there a link to them somewhere yet? I couldn't find if so.
    Thanks
    Mike

I just came across the State of the Union from April and was very impressed by all I have just read. I too am wondering where you are at this year Tim with all of your goals. You are four months in (since your state of the union) and wondering what has been accomplished.

I am an avid user of VOIP since inception and have been through Vonage, SunRocket, Teleblend, ViaTalk and now Voipo.

I am involved with a non-profit that provides housing for women that struggle with addiction (as a volunteer) and we provide the women with their own phone service in their apartment. VOIP allows us to affordably provide them with this great benefit and keep them from having to purchase a cell phone plan if they cannot afford it.

So, we have pretty much standardized on Viatalk and Voipo as our two providers. There is always something that keeps drawing me back to Voipo, EVEN THOUGH, the feature set and finesse of Viatalk is better. Therefore, I look forward to all of the promised updates to the knowledgebase and documentation as well as getting your features out of Beta.

One thing that has definitely kept me coming to Voipo is the second line feature, where we can get a second incoming and outgoing line for $24/year. This is not an option with ViaTalk (I can have a second line, but not a second number).

HOWEVER, ONE BIG THING that Viatalk offers that I would happily pay for with Voipo is PRIORITY service. I pay $1.99 per month for priority service with Viatalk and then whenever there is a problem, my telephone support or email support goes to the top of the queue.

Tim, keep it up. I have started multiple companies in the past and I know the struggle and reward that this can be.

My experience with ViaTalk ended when they could not/did not want to make DTMFs work for IVRs. In people-speak: when I call my employer's voice mail, or my pharmacy, to key in digits, it rarely worked properly. Tech Support played a guessing game short of admitting that the problem is intrinsic. Perhaps it is due to the way they have Asterisk config. the PAP2 ATAs. They played the inband/out-of-band game, then blamed my employer's PBX/Voice mail, those being the industry standard iron used by Fortune 500.
    Last edited by stevech; 08-10-2010 at 10:03 PM.