Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Disconnected" Message?

Default Re: "Disconnected" Message?

My suggestion (if it's possible):

Assuming that the PSTN timeout is set at 5 seconds, where if there's no valid response within that time, the upstream carrier gets a 'network unavailable' error code and plays the disconnected intercept...

Could Voipo's front-line server/incoming call gateway (assuming that's not the point of failure) have a timeout of, say, 4.5 seconds, after which it plays back a "There appears to be temporary trouble with this line. Please hang up and try your call again." message? I'd much rather someone calling me have to try calling me again than have them get an incorrect message indicating that my number has been disconnected! I know - ideally, there's no (OK, very little) latency within your network, but it would be a nice backup feature. That is, of course, assuming that you would not be able to have your system follow the failover instructions in the user's vPanel...

If Voipo can detect a problem it should use the failover number.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    If Voipo can detect a problem it should use the failover number.
    I agree Steve. I have had several people tell me that they get a disconnected message. To me this should NEVER happen and fail over to the phone # listed in the account.

Also, to many "data center" issues. Move your hardware out to the east cost.. <smile>

I guess what I don't get about this, which is not unique to Voipo, is if I unplug my adapter calls will get redirected to the failover number, but if the adapter doesn't respond properly callers get a "disconnected" message? Why should that be?
    Steve

I got the "disconnected" message while calling home around 6.50pm. Everything seems to be fine now. Not sure if it was just a network hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by sr98user View Post
    I got the "disconnected" message while calling home around 6.50pm. Everything seems to be fine now. Not sure if it was just a network hiccup.
    Nope, no network issues. Can you (and anyone experiencing it) open a ticket about this with some info about the caller? Ideally their number/approximate time they called and their carrier if you have it.

I want to get in touch with our upstream carrier to make sure there is not something going on on their end if you got this today since there were no network issues at all.

There was one time in the past where an upstream vendor had a trunk that was hitting capacity from one of their peering partners (one of the major wireless companies) and they just needed to add more capacity there. I almost wonder if this could be something like that since a handful of people are still reporting it and if we can get some samples and isolate it more (like if it's callers from specific carriers) we can approach them about it to have them double check things on their end as well.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

CQD-793481 was created with the information you need. Thanks.

True story ... every time my wife called me from her cell 1 day last week she'd get the "disconnected" message. Just her cell. Turns out I "accidentally" blacklisted her.

Glad I didn't send a support request on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    True story ... every time my wife called me from her cell 1 day last week she'd get the "disconnected" message. Just her cell. Turns out I "accidentally" blacklisted her.

Glad I didn't send a support request on that one!
    Ewww! You just gave me an idea ..