Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: charges ...

Default Yay!!! :D

Edited: The following is my original posting - as of today, Thursday morning 6.17.10, it has been resolved! Thanks Tim! : )

*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*

I tried to order several times but each time it said there was an error and to contact Voipo via an email they provided ...

sent the email, but the clock was ticking on the offer, so went back in to talk via the chat room (telephone only available M-F) -

talking with "Cody" while trying to order - he finally figured I needed to contact my visa card holder since it wouldn't go thru.

asked about using PayPal instead, but it wasn't showing up in the $15 /mo plan - Cody said it's only available for the yearly plan - said, fine, I'll do that

but when tried to do the yearly via the paypal, I found I needed to set up the payment thingy within PayPal - told Cody I'd get back to them (they were closing in an hour - argh!!! )

- so I go into my email to confirm set up and ...

omg! multiple charges! the orders DID go thru - all 4 of them - despite the message each time that there was an error and to contact Voipo

Cody says the error wasn't on their end ... tap, tap, tap ... (ok, who sent that message, Cody??!!?? sheesh!)

and that they would have to review it before issuing a refund - and wouldn't be issuing a refund until after several days!! omg!

and! AND! --

each order, I requested the SAME telephone number - and it never flagged me / prompted me that the number was already taken (that would've helped so that I would figure out that the multiple orders DID go thru, and I would've checked out my Visa account / email to find out) ...
    so theoretically, someone else could've ordered that same number - it showed available every time I resubmitted my charge card info - what's up with that? I don't really get that number after all? or the person who coulda/woulda ordered would not get that number?

I'm just so frustrated ... and no one to "talk" to (Cody was in chat only) until tomorrow...

but all 4 charges are pending right now (sunday night) in my Visa account...

i am so angry i could spit nails ....
    Last edited by CBS; 06-17-2010 at 03:56 AM.

Default Re: charges ...

Are you sure there are 4 charges pending? If there was an error, and if the same reference number (or did you mean telephone number?), the charge may have only gone through once.

Chances are, this will all be resolved pretty easily. I don't blame you for being mad, especially if you're convinced they're trying to take your money. Take a look at things tomorrow, and consider placing a support call - I'm sure they'll work things out to your satisfaction (as long as YOUR expectations are reasonable... )

I remember something like that with a cable company. The pending charges eventually fell off the CC account. VOIPo will surely get you straightened out.

The clock may not matter when you have a ticket in also.

Tomorrow they are back to a normal business day too.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    Are you sure there are 4 charges pending? If there was an error, and if the same reference number (or did you mean telephone number?), the charge may have only gone through once.

Chances are, this will all be resolved pretty easily. I don't blame you for being mad, especially if you're convinced they're trying to take your money. Take a look at things tomorrow, and consider placing a support call - I'm sure they'll work things out to your satisfaction (as long as YOUR expectations are reasonable... )

yep, "Cody" from the chat could see all 4 charges - $18 each (15+tax), totaling $72
    and it's in my visa account already
    different invoice numbers
    telephone number isn't stated on the invoice, but I chose the same one each time (didn't have any reason to change it - that's the number I wanted, and the error message stated that it didn't go through)

i'm not "convinced they're trying to take my money" - but I am sure (per the archived chat messages) that they (ok, "Cody") was stating that THEY weren't at fault... (ok, like, so -- I am?)

he already put in a support case, and put it in priority with my home phone number

as far as "to my satisfaction" - well - they could start with removing the charges first thing Monday, or contact their gateway to cancel it (maybe the problem is with the gateway)

what is REALLY going to tick me off is if all 4 of these go thru, I have other pending items timed to come through tomorrow and that will send these extra charges over the limit - and I'll be charged overlimit charges ---- grrrrrr!

- I had plenty of "room" for 1 charge, not 4 - now I have to scramble while they "review" and decide whether to remove the extra 3 charges. on the other hand, I now have an extra 3 devices coming my way - anybody want one, cheap? > : \
    (flapping the inside of my coat to show my fine collection of watches - and now, for a limited time only - these 3 fine, fine VoIPo devices)
    Last edited by CBS; 06-13-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Umm, it's a little early to claim or deny fault, IMO... But regardless, I'm sure they'll get everything resolved. I do hope it does not involve any kind of overlimit situation for you, though. I can see how that would make you mad.

So quick question: Is the number you picked now reserved for your use? If you were able to choose the same one multiple times, it leaves me wondering... Did you end up paying with paypal, or did you see the other charges before completing the PP transaction?

"...Umm, it's a little early to claim or deny fault, IMO..."

that's what I thought - I even stated that a better way to phrase it for future customer service, would be something like:
    "I'm not sure what happened, but I'll put this on priority for you"
    But twice he stated that it wasn't their fault. I'm like ... really? you can tell that?! huh ... must be clairovoyant )

"... I do hope it does not involve any kind of overlimit situation for you, though. I can see how that would make you mad..."

mad? MAD? no, not mad - like I said earlier - I'll be SPITTING NAILS ... LOL

"...Is the number you picked now reserved for your use? ..."

not a clue ... only received the 4 invoices in the email - is there another way to find out if I have the number?

"... Did you end up paying with paypal..."

didn't pay thru PayPal - paid thru the Visa card (4 times)

I was in the process of setting up the preferred payment (or whatever PayPal calls it) in PayPal, when I went to my email - and then saw the multiple charges / invoices

FWIW in my case with a different company, it was a discrepancy in my address. I had moved back then, and the Credit Union told me it takes time to clear. Pending is not always an accepted transaction. We rested easier when the several hundred dollars dropped off the pending list.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

oh, my! hundreds! I couldn't imagine...

I am SO glad that I checked my email, tho - if I hadn't - who knows how many more times I would've been charged!

oh, well - only 10 more hours before customer service opens and I can talk to a real live person there at the good ol' VOIPO : D

but you know - if this does get resolved quickly (like tomorrow a.m. > I will be VOIPo's biggest cheerleader - I l♥v the freedom V offers from the land line phone ...

ok, talked to someone at the main office (yay, a real live person!)

said it was in the "manager's queue", whatever that means ...

also said it would be resolved today, one way or the other ...

keeping fingers crossed

Your order has been approved and the duplicate orders cancelled/refunded.

In this case, your orders were being flagged by our fraud verification system which was why it was asking you to contact us. It was not a "decline" of the transaction...just a decline of the order until it was reviewed. Typically our system flags an order for manual review like this if the address doesn't match exactly (even an abbreviation can be off) or things along those lines. Sorry for the confusion with that.

We've manually approved them and cancelled/refunded the duplicate orders.

Let us know if you need anything and welcome to VOIPo.

Quote Originally Posted by CBS View Post
    I tried to order several times but each time it said there was an error and to contact Voipo via an email they provided ...
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook