Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can We Request Numbers In One Area or Not?

Default Re: Can We Request Numbers In One Area or Not?

alright if the 419/567 area codes is in Toledo area but the rate centers are in celina is that still out of the reseller program?

Quote Originally Posted by timreichhart View Post
    alright tim can you check for me whats going to be local to celina in the 419/567 area code.
    Here's a great resource for you to check on 'local' calls...

http://www.localcallingguide.com/lca...hp?exch=140170

(The above URL is specific to Celina, OH.)

I would like to know what tier names in your reseller profile there tim so I can check view things on my side because I have been using tnid.org to see currently owns the phone number. because the toldeo number blocks of 419-318 which is owned by: Bandwidth.com CLEC LLC which is in: Telephone Company Equipment Location Code: TOLDOHIRCMD. I guess if I ported numbers in of LATA of 326 TOLEDO OH area I should not have any problems port numbers in.

I would like to know what tier names in your reseller profile there tim so I can check view things on my side because I have been using tnid.org to see currently owns the phone number. because the toldeo number blocks of 419-318 which is owned by: Bandwidth.com CLEC LLC which is in: Telephone Company Equipment Location Code: TOLDOHIRCMD. I guess if I ported numbers in of LATA of 326 TOLEDO OH area I should not have any problems port numbers in.
    Our complete coverage list for reseller is located here: http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml

It's a city is not on that list, then we do not provide coverage in that area for reseller. There's no way around that.

This not a technical issue. There are absolutely companies that provide coverage in that area which you're pointing out. Those companies having coverage there have nothing to do with whether VOIPo chooses to offer service in a given area or not.

As I've said, our residential coverage and reseller coverage are not the same. High cost areas such as the one you are mentioning are not included in the reseller coverage and have never been listed in the coverage checker.

Bandwidth.com CLEC is one of our carrier partners and they do have coverage there like you have pointed out. If you'd like to work directly with them, they will be able to service your needs there.

I'm not sure what else to say. This is not a technical issue of whether or not we could provide service in that area. It's a matter of us choosing not to provide reseller coverage in an area that would not be profitable for us because the wholesale costs for that ratecenter are high.

Our coverage has not changed, so this is not something we've offered in the past and taken it away. The reseller coverage table has been unchanged since the beginning of the pre-launch.

All companies choose their own coverage areas and business model. VOIPo does not provide reseller service in Tier 3 areas.

You've pointed out that another VoIP reseller solution offers coverage there. Their pricing is a lot different than VOIPo pricing. From their site, they claim "Unlimited US/Canada VoIP Calling with a DID included as low as $14.96 as early as Tier 3". There is also a setup fee for each account equivalent to the monthly payment and a cancellation fee of $5. Their pricing structure is what allows them to offer service in some of the higher cost areas.

Our goal is to provide the lowest possible pricing and cover Tier 1 & 2 areas. We do not cover Tier 3 areas and this allows us to have lower pricing overall.

Again, our complete coverage list for reseller is located here: http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml

If it's not listed there, then VOIPo is not offering it for the reseller program.

I understand that you want to make it work and really appreciate that you want to use our services, but we if we don't offer coverage in the area you need, I'm just not sure that our solution will meet your needs. You will need to find a solution that does cover that area in order to provide service there.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 06-25-2010 at 09:16 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

now is bandwidth.com is what tier that I may ask and also what is your other provider?
    Last edited by timreichhart; 06-25-2010 at 10:20 PM.

now is bandwidth.com is what tier that I may ask.
    We work with over a dozen CLECs. All CLECs have multiple tiers. Bandwidth.com has tiers 0-3. Each ratecenter is a different tier and a different wholesale price.

We do not provide service in the area you are looking for. For coverage information, you'll need to refer to http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml as it's the complete list regardless of tier.

If a city is not on the list, VOIPo does not offer it even if other companies do. There is no way around this regardless of tier or underlying CLEC unless you deal directly with the CLECs.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 06-25-2010 at 10:24 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

but can I still try to port in a number if that is even possible?

but can I still try to port in a number if that is even possible?
    No....that's what I've been saying. We don't provide coverage there in the reseller program.

Whether a number is newly assigned or ported, it costs us the same to provide it there. We do not provide reseller services in Tier 3 areas since it would not be profitable for us to do so.

If a city is not on the list I've linked, we do not provide service there in the reseller program whether ported or new.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

are you guys going to be adding more coverage areas?

are you guys going to be adding more coverage areas?
    We're always adding coverage, but it's not likely that a Tier change would happen. Rural areas are hard to be profitable in.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com