Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can We Request Numbers In One Area or Not?

Default Can We Request Numbers In One Area or Not?

Hey Tim
    I just wanted to know if we are able to request numbers in one area if there is a rate center or how do you go about this?

Default Re: Can We Request Numbers In One Area or Not?

https://cp.voipwelcome.com/phone_numbers

There is order phone number for private inventory option.
    If you can't find a certain area code, email reseller@voipo.com and ask.

At least that is what I would do.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

I have been talking to tim and he was telling me if there is no numbers in your area they are not going to service you which I think that is BS. I never had any problems with vonage porting my number from att wireless to there service they didn't even offer a rate center in my area and they was still able to get my number to vonage. So I think voipo better re-think there reseller program if they want to launch it because now I have worthless reseller account that I cant use in my area.

So far I am not liking this reseller program due to port piss support from voipo and giving me bs that they cant get new numbers for me or I cant port in numbers.

Personally I think voipo needs to rethink there reseller program if they want to launch this.
    Last edited by timreichhart; 06-25-2010 at 04:48 PM.

As I said in the e-mail, our coverage areas are listed here: http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml

If we do not offer coverage in an area, we are not able to issue new numbers or port numbers in that area.

We have over 500,000 numbers available in over 7,000 areas, but we do not cover all areas. Some areas are not covered due to being a "high cost" area and some we do not have carrier partners in. What other companies cover (such as Vonage) is not relevant since all companies set their own coverage areas.

As I said in the ticket, we're happy to issue a refund if you need coverage in areas that we do not cover so that you can find an alternative company to work with.

I understand that you're frustrated, but I don't know what kind of better answer I can give you. If we don't cover an area, we just don't. There's nothing we can really do to change that.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 06-25-2010 at 04:50 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

you know what is sad about this reseller plan I can go with this company http://www.xilabroadband.com/voip_re...ogram/#didspot at least they can service my area unlike voipo can.

Quote Originally Posted by timreichhart View Post
    you know what is sad about this reseller plan I can go with this company http://www.xilabroadband.com/voip_re...ogram/#didspot at least they can service my area unlike voipo can.
    Glad to hear that you've found a solution that works for you.

If this is the route you want to go, just reply to our ticket confirming and we'll get a refund issued and the cancellation processed for the VOIPo reseller account.

We hate to lose a customer, but all companies set their own coverage areas and if we just don't cover the areas you want, there's not much we can do.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

know what I am going to keep my reseller account and I am going to try to port in a number to see if it works then I will change my thoughts about this reseller program if the porting works.

know what I am going to keep my reseller account and I am going to try to port in a number to see if it works then I will change my thoughts about this reseller program.
    No need to do that. If the area is not listed on the site as covered, we won't port numbers in that area. It definitely won't go through. Sorry.

If the other program you mentioned has coverage in that area, why not just go ahead and move there? It sounds like it may suit your needs better since it has coverage in your area.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 06-25-2010 at 05:04 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

well it doesn't make any since my residential number transferred over to my reseller account now tell me how that was even possible.

well it doesn't make any since my residential number transferred over to my reseller account now tell me how that was even possible.
    The residential service and reseller service have different coverage areas.

Residential Coverage: http://www.voipo.com/residential.shtml

Reseller Coverage: http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml

Since we charge more for the residential service, we're able to offer coverage in more areas for it.

Since the reseller program is all per minute based, we do not offer coverage for it in high-cost areas where the wholesale pricing is too high to be profitable. There's nothing else to absorb the cost, whereas with the residential program, it's planned based so the high cost areas just get averaged out.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com