Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taxes

Talking Taxes

I know that you layed out the UFS tax of 8.6% and the E911 fee of $1.00

But do I need to charge State and Federal Taxes each month to my customers and also

Is there any other kind of taxes, fees, and surcharges that i am required to charge each of my customers.

The phone companies vary but most of them charge 9 or more different taxes, fees etc.

I know we are separated from them and is a little different but i need to know this so I can edit my POS Registers & Billing Statement Software Accordignly as needed.

Thanks,

Default Re: Taxes

Along with preparing my CPA for whatever that we are required to do.

Thanks

Yeah, that is a good question. My take is it is covered under voipo? I could be wrong.

very good question... did we get an answer on this yet?

We can't really offer any accounting or legal advice.

We're selling all the components as a wholesale provider (phone numbers, minutes, E911 service, etc) and each reseller will package them together in different ways. Since there are a lot of different possibilities, all situations are different and everyone is in a different location, etc.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Wow... that's not what I got told before I signed up...

[11:44 PM] julio has joined the room
    [11:44 PM] Cody C has joined the room
    [11:44 PM] Cody C: Thank you for choosing VOIPo. How can I assist you today?
    [11:44 PM] julio: question about taxes for resellers
    [11:44 PM] Cody C: Sure
    [11:45 PM] julio: do i need to charge my customers any taxes? only two mentioned on your site collected are
    USF and e911
    [11:46 PM] Cody C: Those are the only taxes you will need to charge them for. Let me pull the exact taxes
    [11:48 PM] Cody C: Basically VOIPo charges you for the E911 and USF. E911 is charged to you at $1 per number. The USF is charged at a 9.9% recovery fee and is subject to change so there's not exact on the USF
    [11:49 PM] julio: okay. i just wanted to make sure http://tax.utah.gov/forms/pubs/pub-25.pdf e911 in utah is just under a dollar. so that makes sense. it also says in state telecom is subject to sales tax, so is that what the usf is for? and any other federal stuff you are required to pay?
    [11:55 PM] Cody C: That is what the USF contribution is for. These charges will be charged to you as the USF.
    [11:55 PM] julio: okay, cool. Thank you so much!
    [11:55 PM] Cody C: You're welcome
    [11:55 PM] Cody C: Have a great day

Looks like support should refer Reseller questions to Reseller@VOIPo.com

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

The info in that chat is not accurate. I will address that internally.

The rep appeared to be only addressing the taxes we collect from you as a wholesale provider. Since all resellers have unique situations, are in different locations, and will sell different services (residential, wholesale, toll-free, etc), we can't provide any financial, legal, or taxation advice.

All reseller questions must be directed to reseller@voipo.com because our regular support team (chat/phone) has absolutely no info about the reseller program.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Is reseller support available after hours and weekends?

All my presale reseller questions were directed to the chat. I'm afraid I got a lot of bad information, especially as I continue to read the forums...

Can any other resellers comment on what they do? Collect local sales tax, pay county 911 fees?

Accountant will talk to me for cheap, it's the lawyer that gets you!

Let me ask voipo a question then. Do you pay local sales tax if I were to sign up in Utah, to utah? And their local county 911 taxes in addition to the e911?

http://www.broadbandreports.com/foru...seller-Program

The last post there:

Anyone hot and bothered about becoming a reseller ought to seriously consider the implications of the statement above. You will have to bill and tax and collect from customers directly. You'll have to contract with a billing company, and pay royalties to the tax calculation firm, and pay Timo's bill when due irrespective of collections from your customer base. You'll also have to register with FCC and your state's public utility commission, so don't forget about legal expenses and the ongoing reporting and filing obligations and fees (the FCC requires you to have a law firm with an office in Washington DC, so a local bookkeeper won't be sufficient). Certainly not everyone follows the rules, but if you become of significant size you'll have to, and then account for the time prior to your registration. Be careful out there.
    As a reseller we have to register with the FCC? I know you want to refer me back to legal on that one Tim, but can some of the other resellers comment on this? Have you registered with the FCC for your VOIP services?