Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faxing

Default Re: Faxing

How much does it cost? Just the minutes for the connection?

Quote Originally Posted by mmtech View Post
    How much does it cost? Just the minutes for the connection?
    Yes it uses normal minutes.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Outgoing fax should be able to use any phone line... depends on the device and codec. I know the Pap2t will work for faxing.
    The minutes would be billed on whatever number they dial out on.
    So it would be just like the incoming 800 voice number... no need for outgoing on 800 billing.

What I am looking for is an email to fax add-on.
    Then, you could attach either the normal billing rate or the 800# billing rate, depending on what type of fax # the customer has bought.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    The send fax feature has been added for resellers.
    Tim, does this mean that resellers can now offer fax sending and receiving? I ask because back in the middle of July I was told we were only able to receive faxes and not send.

Thanks.

Hey Tim,
    Support (James J) is telling me that outgoing fax is not available to resellers?!?
    On 7/23 you said it was... so I'm assuming he was wrong.
    The question I wanted answered from James was how to I request a Philadelphia fax number be added, since there are none available... but he closed the ticket without answering.
    Also, your sales pitch for resellers says $1/month for fax numbers, but when I go to add one, it shows $2/month.

I do appreciate that support is normally very quick to respond. But in this case, I've been trying to get answers for over 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by AssociatedVOIP View Post
    Hey Tim,
    Support (James J) is telling me that outgoing fax is not available to resellers?!?
    On 7/23 you said it was... so I'm assuming he was wrong.
    The question I wanted answered from James was how to I request a Philadelphia fax number be added, since there are none available... but he closed the ticket without answering.
    Also, your sales pitch for resellers says $1/month for fax numbers, but when I go to add one, it shows $2/month.

I do appreciate that support is normally very quick to respond. But in this case, I've been trying to get answers for over 24 hours.
    Outgoing fax was just recently added for resellers.

The fax addon is $1. You still have to pay for the phone number and minutes though.

So a phone number with the fax addon is $1 (for number) + $1 (for fax addon).

Do you have a ticket number so I can look at it for you to see what went wrong?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I'll add a quick comment regarding outgoing faxes.

If you setup a fax number as a sub-account under a full account, that fax number can only receive faxes, not send.

But if you setup a fax number as a stand-alone account, then it can send and receive.

Is this by design? Or have the programmers just not gotten around to including the send code on the sub-account menus?