Thread: Number API

Default Number API

Hi Tim,

Is there an API in the works for reseller accounts? Customers really need a way to choose their number when they order from us resellers. I would like to see an interface or something like what reseller accounts have to use when choosing a number & state.. Just my thoughts..

Default Re: Number API

Yeah, I did a little pasting action to embed into site. Yeah, not cool, but I wanted to see if it would work. Looked fine, just could not access the data base from the 2nd drop down. I would think letting us borrow the engine would be nice of you guys. If not- no biggie. I like being in control who orders from what, and to do the search for the customer is really no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by rangermoore View Post
    Hi Tim,

Is there an API in the works for reseller accounts? Customers really need a way to choose their number when they order from us resellers. I would like to see an interface or something like what reseller accounts have to use when choosing a number & state.. Just my thoughts..
    I sure like this idea.. I have already purchased a domain name I want to use and wasn't sure how best to use the site along with the domain name.. i guess I could add some simple code from my billing system but that wouldn't allow the client to select their phone numbers..

Cool
    Last edited by eacollin; 07-17-2010 at 08:29 PM.

Most for what is offered would use the Branded user interface for customers to access. The rest would be very manually done on a separate website.

It seems HostGator.com Reseller Plan would get you WHMCS storefront that provides Integrated Hosting Storefront. Likely the majority of VOIPo Resellers already sell Web Hosting, and add VoIP to their offerings.

An API would go a long way into creating something on WHMCS that would be more seamless.

In the meantime, you will have to manually create the accounts. If the signup seems to work all the way to checkout, a delay to handle the product should work for now.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. I am in the process of integrating my Whmcs into a workable and presentable site. I am not sure if I want to sell to people outside my zone- since I like being able to see their face when I work with them, but will see. I am not sure how well the voip will fly, since most people seem to have the magic jack, and other voip options provided in bundles with their local cable company. They get great prices, but after twelve months my options might seem better.

An API is planned for the future.

One thing to think about... Many providers don't let customers select the number. We didn't for the first year and some providers still don't (ViaTalk.com as an example). It's a nice thing, but the point is that it's not necessary. Many providers just collect the city name on their order form and then manually assign a number.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    An API is planned for the future.

One thing to think about... Many providers don't let customers select the number. We didn't for the first year and some providers still don't (ViaTalk.com as an example). It's a nice thing, but the point is that it's not necessary. Many providers just collect the city name on their order form and then manually assign a number.
    Very cool... Thanks for the insight..

John

Theres a way around the API since there is not one as of yet.

I will post my site that will handle the Phone Services side in a week or so and show you.

Quote Originally Posted by eatld View Post
    Theres a way around the API since there is not one as of yet.

I will post my site that will handle the Phone Services side in a week or so and show you.
    Any update?

Yeah, I will have it open to the public soon, We went ahead and added several things to our custom software.