Thread: Feature request

Default Feature request

I would like the ability to set up call routes based on the DID the call is coming in on. I have a virtual number that I use for things like Craigs List, and being able to route those call or at least know that a call came from that DID would be very useful to me.

Default Re: Feature request

If can assign one extra virtual number, as line #2.
    You can cycle line #2 through different Virtual Numbers using the line upgrade as needed.

Individually forwarding virtual numbers would make it more expensive for VOIPo.

One other thought is using a Reseller Plan would let you pretty much have many inexpensive By The Minute accounts to shuffle around as you wish.
    Last edited by usa2k; 07-28-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

VOIPoDanielC Guest

Another option is to setup a Distinctive Ring for each virtual number. You could then tell what the call was for by the ring pattern. This is setup under the Virtual Numbers section of Features. Change the "Ring Tone" drop down.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoDanielC View Post
    Another option is to setup a Distinctive Ring for each virtual number. You could then tell what the call was for by the ring pattern. This is setup under the Virtual Numbers section of Features. Change the "Ring Tone" drop down.
    Is this a new feature? As I recall, Distinctive Ring could only be used to distinguish different callers, and could not be attached to Virtual Numbers. I don't have any Virtual Numbers, so I can't see this option on my VPanel.

VOIPoDanielC Guest

Note the "Ring Tone" setting.
    Last edited by VOIPoDanielC; 07-29-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoDanielC View Post

Note the "Ring Tone" setting.
    My VPanel doesn't show that setting, I suppose because I don't have a Virtual Number. But if memory serves, that setting was not available a year or so ago when I did have a Virtual Number.

Edit: I guess memory no longer serves. I checked some older posts, and the Ring Tone option has always been available for the Virtual line -- I even used it. My advice: don't get old.
    Last edited by caseydoug; 07-29-2010 at 03:17 PM.