Thread: Calls disconnecting at 16 minutes

Default Calls disconnecting at 16 minutes

We have had an ongoing problem since June with calls dropping after 16 minutes. We had two in a row this morning. I have a ticket open and they are trying to address on a per number basis, but it is happening regardless of number. It sounds like some kind of timeout for it to be happening in the same manner.

The ATA is connected directly to the cable modem, so NAT/Firewall are not an issue. Has anyone else seen this before? It seems to mostly affect outgoing calls. I am at a loss and the spouse is not happy.

Default Re: Calls disconnecting at 16 minutes

Ahhh, the spouse. Don't I know how that goes.

Sorry, but <fortunately> I have <my spouse has> not had that issue yet.

You may find this thread of interest.
    Steve

They have been changing something related to the specific number I had the problem with most recently. The only problem is that it has happened with numbers at 3 different carriers. Maybe it's the route from me to the intermediate carrier, but applying a fix to each number seems tedious. It should just work. I can't believe I'm the only VOIPo user on Time Warner having problems with this many carriers.

I have Time Warner, but I haven't been on the phone for 16 minutes lately. My wife is out of town for a few days, so she isn't using the phone to its usual capacity.

The last call that we made that was over 16 minutes was before 10:00 am EDT on Saturday (7/24/10).

Years ago I had a similar problem with a different provider: calls would drop after exactly 11 minutes. It turned out to be a problem with keep-alive packets not getting through. The server would not get a response and would therefore assume the call had ended. Your problem may be totally different. I suggest you contact support.

I did notice that the 16 minute problem was to 3 different numbers, but to the same cable telephone provider. Support changed something with the route for that carrier and it looks like it has been fixed.